Slackers Tuesday thread

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
Afternoon :D

Went out for a ride got back painted some cement on the roof, feet up now having a beer, I need a holiday :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Very busy day here, mainly tidying up after the last few days jobs. Cleaned out a bunch of rubbish from garage, and filled the neighbour's recycling bin with stuff. Good thing they're away or he'd have been unhappy.

Nipped out this evening and picked up some bargain-tastic parts from local FB group page. Nothing too flash, but building a bike for partner's nephew, so some good used bits are just the thing. That'll give me something to do in the rain tomorrow.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,026
    Been out this morning and am searching for s bike bag/carrier. It's for going in the car so a bag is acceptable. A cardboard box might do just as well and save me £80 though
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Not much to report here beyond a rather moist pedal into work and lots of resulting hunger which I've just tried to knock on the head. At least tomorrow I have a random day off to head for the coast and teach the hound to swim.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Dull day in Shropshire with enough rain this morning to ensure I can't mow the lawns later.

Had a reasonable day working from home, as thankfully no builders or rug rats here today. Not so lucky tomorrow, so will have to find an office to play in
  • homers_double
    Has anyone any thoughts on the decathlon offering which is £40? It's litteraly going in the back on my truck on top of the suitvases etc. Frame will be padded in pipe lag etc for the journey.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    Has anyone any thoughts on the decathlon offering which is £40? It's litteraly going in the back on my truck on top of the suitvases etc. Frame will be padded in pipe lag etc for the journey.

It will stop scratches and as long as there is enough room inside for lots of padding it will keep it contained, maybe a nice thick rug wrapped around the bag to further protect and stop it slipping around. They have some at bike discount.de if you want something less branded for about 42€ if you have the time :D
  • homers_double
    Hmmm, not really. Needs to packed by Tuesday but thanks.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Is that it?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    Is that it?

Are you paraphrasing frank zappa's final words? :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Is that it?

Are you paraphrasing frank zappa's final words? :D

Never thought of it like that. I prefer "I told you I was ill".

Cool enough to post without sweating buckets?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!