Allez Comp or CAAD8 105

supers
supers Posts: 33
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
I've been looking at these 2 bikes:

https://www.evanscycles.com/specialized ... e-EV244919
https://www.evanscycles.com/cannondale- ... e-EV239397

I had a sit on the CAAD8 today and it felt beautiful, amazing fit. I didn't get a chance on the Allez as they didn't have any in stock in my size, but it has a very similar geometry to the CAAD8. Obviously the Allez is slightly higher spec and is around 500 grams lighter but Rutland Cycling have the CAAD8 for £700. Yes, I probably should try the Allez, but they are selling fast in the sale.

What are people's opinions on the 2? Is there a massive difference? Has anyone any experience of riding them?

Thanks

Comments

• iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    I've not ridden either of them, but I know plenty of people that have. They are both very capable bikes with similar kit. I would probably go for the one you like the look of the most- although I think the Allez would be the better for racing on as they tend to have racier geometry.
    The Caad8 is probably a little more relaxed but still a great machine.

I would personally try out the Allez but tbh there's not enough between them for you to regret your choice either way.

Good luck!
  • supers
    I've not ridden either of them, but I know plenty of people that have. They are both very capable bikes with similar kit. I would probably go for the one you like the look of the most- although I think the Allez would be the better for racing on as they tend to have racier geometry.
    The Caad8 is probably a little more relaxed but still a great machine.

I would personally try out the Allez but tbh there's not enough between them for you to regret your choice either way.

Good luck!

Thanks, the £200 difference is swinging it towards the Cannondale at the moment.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Best mate uses a CAAD8 as his winter/training bike. Having ridden it, it's a great bike for the money and I'll be getting one soon enough to replace my Genesis. Given it a good hammer and really liked, nice bike to ride and has mounts so there's the option to put decent guards on it easily.
  • supers
    Thanks guys, have ordered the CAAD8, £700 is almost 30% off, got some £20 gloves thrown in too. Can spend the difference on some gear- already ordered a Garmin Edge 25. Picking it up tomorrow.