Is evanscycles.com safe??

JoelBelton
JoelBelton Posts: 4
edited August 2016 in Campaign
I just did my first order from evanscycles.com and only now I've just been reading reviews from other people which a lot have been saying they've had a bad experience from Evans. Someone said that Evans cycles have filtered negative reviews in their review page. Others are saying the clothes they've order has come back dirty, dusty, torn etc. Should I be worried? Will my order still arrive, and have you had any good experiences??

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    edited July 2016
    If you ordered a pair of socks I'm pretty sure it'll be fine.

If you got the socks online and they arrived in perfect condition would you start a thread about it? Probably not.

If you ordered a pair of socks which had a hole in on arrival would you start a thread about it? Maybe.

Chances are you're reading the review of one in a thousand, maybe ten thousand orders and the rest have arrrived as stated in tip top condition.

FWIW I've used Evans both instore and online and never had an issue, in fact I'd go as far as saying it's a good shop and the staff at Chill Factore Manchester are very helpfull.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Agree with all of the above.

I've ordered plenty from the over the years but nothing more valuable than a jersey or box of energy bars. Always been good prices and quick free delivery.
  • craigus89
    craigus89 Posts: 887
    They're a big reputable company. If your item arrives in a condition that isn't satisfactory I'm sure they will sort you with a refund or exchange.

Don't worry about it and don't pay too much attention to bad reviews.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    As above - you only hear the whinges on forums. 1000s of people have no bother but don't review them as such.
    Same with everything. Go to tripadvisor and find your favourite place. I'm sure you'll see some shocking reviews.

Ive never had an issue.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Used them for 10 years. Never had a problem with sizes, quality, deliveries or returns.

If you can't trust one of the biggest cycle companies in the UK who can you trust.

Bit of a random thread though really - Evans is quite big.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Grahamsjz
    Grahamsjz Posts: 50
    Use them regularly and only ever had great service
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    All fine, they have a brand name to maintain.
  • I've never had a problem with them and I use them all the time. Normally get them to price match the product I have found cheaper elsewhere and then order for collection from store which is super handy and late opening hours.

Sometimes also use Tesco clubcard vouchers to do a boost where you can exchange clubcard vouchers online to evans vouchers 1-2 i.e. £2.50 becomes £5.