Norco Hybrid paint chips too easily - anyone else having probs?

mintpark
mintpark Posts: 5
edited August 2016 in Road general
Hi

I got a Norco VFR 1 2015 Hybrid Bike earlier this year and from day one the paint chipped very badly - mostly where the (plastic covered locks) touch it.

Have tried to get Evans to do something about it for the last three months but they've now concluded it's my fault and none of their or Norco's business.

It's obviously my fault for using the bike and yes I could probably treat it a little more gently but I've never had anything like in thirty years worth of bike riding and generations of bikes have been exposed to locks hanging off the handlebar and, of course, touching the bike frame when locked.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with Norco paint?

The Evans guys said that 1. I've been "lucky" with previous bikes, and 2. that in the last 5 or 6 years Norco had to change their paint to comply with EU regulations and that it was water based paint now which was weaker - sounds like a bit of hogwash to me.

Anyway unless I'm just overly rude to my bike would be interested to hear if this is a problem others share : )

Thanks! K

Comments

• sasushi
    sasushi Posts: 1
    mintpark wrote:
    Hi

I got a Norco VFR 1 2015 Hybrid Bike earlier this year and from day one the paint chipped very badly - mostly where the (plastic covered locks) touch it.

Have tried to get Evans to do something about it for the last three months but they've now concluded it's my fault and none of their or Norco's business.

It's obviously my fault for using the bike and yes I could probably treat it a little more gently but I've never had anything like in thirty years worth of bike riding and generations of bikes have been exposed to locks hanging off the handlebar and, of course, touching the bike frame when locked.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with Norco paint?

The Evans guys said that 1. I've been "lucky" with previous bikes, and 2. that in the last 5 or 6 years Norco had to change their paint to comply with EU regulations and that it was water based paint now which was weaker - sounds like a bit of hogwash to me.

Anyway unless I'm just overly rude to my bike would be interested to hear if this is a problem others share : )

Thanks! K

Hi Mintpark,

I just bought a Norco Sight C 7.2 I have done three rides and the stones which are picked up from the tires chip the frame when they get loose and hit the frame.

I will contact my dealer and I am wondering what he will say.

KR,
    sasushi