Focus Izlalco Max

webboo
webboo Posts: 6,087
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
I am hoping to treat myself to a new bike on my retirement. I like the look of the Focus Izalco Max and its been getting some good reviews recently in the mags.
Anyone got one or had one.

Comments

• londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    edited July 2017
    pppp
  • webboo
    I tempted to go electric and get the Dura ace D12.
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    Very nice. No internal cable routing on the 2015 frame I got though so wouldn't look great with Di2.

I went with SRAM Red. Also replaced the seatpost, stem and bars with 3T Ltd to save that important 100g.

Problem is I just like building up bikes and then won't use them without a signed statement from the Met Office and God that it won't rain so they just sit there looking nice.

I guess you've checked the geometry but they are quite long and low.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    I've got a slightly older Izalco Team and was just about to mention the long and low position, definitely worth a test ride as it doesn't suite everyone. The headtube is very low, particuarly if the model you are looking at has the zero stack upper headset. The fizik finishing kit is a bonus.
    If you don't want a racy position there is definitely better option out there though, from an aesthetics point of view (if that is a consideration) it'll look awful having a full suite of spacers and potentially even a riser stem *shudders at the thought*
  • webboo
    Thanks for the info.
    I currently ride an Orbea Orca 2012 model which size wise is in between the small and medium Izalco. I will check this out further as one of my LBS is a dealer for them.
  • sebbyp
    sebbyp Posts: 106
    I tested the Team one I think? sram red 22 and all that. 5grand or so, beautiful it was, an absolute beauty lovely to ride and climbs seriously well.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583
    One of the classiest bikes in the pro peleton
  • i've had mine for 14 months and love it! i bought the frame only and built it up with campagnolo record, shamal mille wheels, 3t stem & bars, fsa post and smp saddle. 6.6kg

the bike handles beautifully - agile on climbs and descends like it's on rails!

and i like how it looks!
  • webboo
    Very nice. No internal cable routing on the 2015 frame I got though so wouldn't look great with Di2.

I went with SRAM Red. Also replaced the seatpost, stem and bars with 3T Ltd to save that important 100g.

Problem is I just like building up bikes and then won't use them without a signed statement from the Met Office and God that it won't rain so they just sit there looking nice.

I guess you've checked the geometry but they are quite long and low.
    I have tried to reply to your pm but for some reason I can't it to work
    Just looking at options at the moment.