Which Canyon is better?

clio197
clio197 Posts: 21
edited August 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi there. Been looking at purchasing a Canyon full suspension MB. Narrowed it down to 2 models, one being the Spectral AL 5.0 and the other being the Nerve AL 8.0. I am not an extreme downhill veteran or anything like that, just like riding local trails like Sherwood Pines in Notts etc. Which one would you choose? Very close on price but not sure which is the better spec for the money? PLEASE HELP!! Cheers

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    I'd have the spectral based on geo and spec
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Different style of bike - whichever is more suited to what you like to ride.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Why limit yourself to one brand?
    How about a Rose, Giant or Radon? All equally good or better.
  • clio197
    Ive just always been a fan of Canyon! Like the style of the frame, didn't want to spend silly money and they seem to get good reviews generally. Only thing is you can't really try before you buy....
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The way they ride isn't for everyone. If you've never ridden one, I'd try to get a ride.
    Just remember, how it looks doesn't count for anything when you're riding.
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    From canyon, the one that arrives, eventually.
    But between the two I'll take the spectral, does everything well and can handle the rough preaty well when the time comes, if you plan to race xc then go for the nerve
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • clio197
    Why limit yourself to one brand?
    How about a Rose, Giant or Radon? All equally good or better.

good shout on the Radon. I have been doing a little more digging around, and I think my riding style and usage doesn't really justify a FS after all. I am quite interested in the Radon ZR Race 8.0 (650b). Any other alternatives that you can think of? Has to be 2 x 11 minimum (rode a 1 x 11 recently and hated it!) and would prefer a 650b wheel, just not convinced by the 29er's!

Budget upto £1500 max .....