Joining a Sportive mid ride (Ride 100 2016)

Hi,

So i suspect this will generate some mixed responses......

I have been fortunate enough to get a place in the Ride 100 in 2013,2015 & 2016 through the ballot. No idea how i have managed it but luck of the draw i suppose.

As we all know logistics for the ride 100 if you don't happen to live either in Stratford or on the mall are a bit of a nightmare.

My sister lives in the city and i am toying with the idea of staying over and just starting the ride from there. I appreciate this is not in the spirit of the ride, but strictly speaking is there anything wrong with this? as I have a place so from medical point will have the numbers and next of kin info etc.

Before someone suggests it, yes i completely agree that i could just man up and get up very early and cycle to Stratford or the alternative being is just to withdraw and therefore deny a place in the ballot for someone in 2017.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Well you wont get a time or be in the official results - but if that doesnt bother you ?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,027
    Do you need to sign in on the day?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • I am luck enough to have done the ride a few times so i am not in the peak physical fitness to beat my 2013 time. So not concerned about an official time and i am sure Strava will give me enough data to keep me occupied...

A friend is going up to excel on Saturday so can sign me in and pick up the "pack"
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I don't think it'll be an issue - the route won't be barriered off - it can't be - so if you're displaying the correct signage then there's no reason why you couldn't just hop in on the route - the marshalls won't know any different.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just tell the marshalls you stopped for a pee?