Thinking of buying a Cervelo R2

HillfitsMan
HillfitsMan Posts: 6
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
Thinking of buying a Cervelo R2 this weekend, so who has one and what are your thoughts on the bike it's self?

thanks.

Comments

• Stu517
    Stu517 Posts: 41
    What size are you? There is a nice R5 on eBay for the same money. :wink:
  • Stu517 wrote:
    What size are you? There is a nice R5 on eBay for the same money. :wink:

6ft, need a 56cm frame size.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Thinking of buying a Cervelo R2 this weekend, so who has one and what are your thoughts on the bike it's self?

thanks.

If that's the only bike you considered, then go and buy it. What other options did you consider (and eliminate) along the way?
  • Imposter wrote:

thanks.

If that's the only bike you considered, then go and buy it. What other options did you consider (and eliminate) along the way?

Looking at Cube Litening C68 Pro, Specialized Tarmac comp, but like the look the R2 hence the above question of who has one and what do you think of the bike.
  • pauly69
    pauly69 Posts: 101

thanks.

I built up a R3 this year, which is the same frame, I love it - does that help? ;)

Seem to recall C+ heaped praise on it, with the obvious suggestion that it makes a great upgrader. Start off with wheels I guess as funds allow - or just ride it as is - your choice!
  • Any thoughts on it from owners is good, any flaws or negatives out of interest.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    There was a 56 R3 in the classifieds yesterday, dunno if it is still there
  • isotonik
    isotonik Posts: 50
    anyone know what type of geometry the r2 has (race, endurance)?
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    It's not going to be a bad bike. If you like it then I would just pull the trigger.