Let's see your bike-cave

dirkpitt74
dirkpitt74 Posts: 518
edited August 2016 in MTB general
I'm in need of inspiration for when I get to sort out the garage and make it slightly more bike friendly/workshop like.
Currently it's full of stuff for my wife's shop which she should be opening in September - so bikes are just squeezed in at the moment and I can't get to my work bench.....

So where does everyone store/work on their bikes?
Anyone got any innovative storage or workshop solutions?

Let's see what you've got.

Comments

• loudog
    loudog Posts: 136
    I certainly do have a "Bike Shak" as it's called in my house.

I cant (be arsed to...) post pix, but I have painted the bare brickwork in my garage which has made a huge difference to the appearance. I have a giant piece of waney edge oak on one wall and this is where Ive hung all my bike specific tools. I have a pallet screwed to another wall which makes a great regular tool hanger (hammers, grips, screwdrivers etc. Home made rough shack cabinets with a ply worktop going round. Bike wall hanger from eBay in the centre of everything which works a treat. Nice little wall organiser drawer things that I pick up from aldi middle isle whenever they have them on. Home made Oak wall hangers for the other bikes.

Just go with the flow. Make it weird unusual & make it interesting. Clean and overly organised is boring imo
    It matters not, win or lose, it's how you ride the bike
  • nothing special really - actually very dull & boring infact but what the hell

big ass ALDI toolbox full of various bike related tools/greases & oils i have gathered as & when needed & a halfords advance 120 bit socket set with it too ( hidden away in the corner of the room ) 3 boxes & a carrier bag full of folding tyres & tube spares ( plus 9 or 10 wire bead tyres somewhere up there in various sizes & a further 3 boxes of other accessories & spares awaiting use in the loft ( along with the pannier rack for one of the bikes complete with its panniers & rack bag attached :D )

there is also a ALDI or LIDL workstand still boxed up in the loft too that i got cheap after one of the cycling events ( comes out as & when needed into the garden usually as its god dammmmmmmed huge at the base when opened up lol )

a couple of spare boardman track pumps ( bought dammed cheap ) hidden away in a cupboard somewhere to be backup incase the joeblow sport 2 packs up that is the pump i leave out between the bikes at the minute

then the bikes are just hung front wheel up on the wall in a room in the house ( i dont trust my bikes to stay in the shed as i dont want em knicking :( - plus the sheds full of gardening stuff & we aint allowed another shed - dont have a garage either :( )

there is another bike tucked up in the corner of the room on its lonesome on a cheapy wiggle display stand as i ran out of wall to hang it on & besides that its got full mudguards so cant stand on its rear wheel to go on the wall anyway lol

ps whats the secret to pictures on here - is it a case of photobucket & link to em or is there an upload option i have missed somewhere ?? ( not yet looked on the forum to see if this question has been asked/answered yet as only just discovered it to be a problem lol )
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    There's a thread somewhere here already with people showing their bike caves.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think it died of boredom.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools