London to Brighton tyre/setup advice

JGTR
JGTR Posts: 1,404
edited July 2016 in MTB general
Hi all, will be doing the London to Brighton ride in Sep, currently have a Specialized Camber 29er running Purgatory front and Ground Control rear. Is it worth changing tyres? I have a spare GC tyre which may be better on the front I'm thinking??

What about tyre pressures? But harder than normal?

Same with suspension, run it a bit harder or just use the lockouts when required? I've heard it's a reasonably flat ride?

Thanks

Jay

Comments

• kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    I wouldn'tbother too much about set up.

Mostly it'sa canal path so you don'tneed anything special. Any tyre will be OK, pressure it's up to you.
    However, I would go for fast rolling rubber. I did it on racing Ralph's and Iwas flying.
    Don't worry it's long but easy ride.
  • tootsie323
    tootsie323 Posts: 199
    Pants! I was excited about the prospect of this, all ready to do the entry (even had logistics planned; a mate and me were to drive to Brighton - from the West -and cycle the road route to London, stay overnight, do the event for the return and back to the car), before realising that it clashes with a friend's 50th birthday do that evening.
    (Plus I've also realised I've entered a half-marathon the day after - I'm already re-badging it the Hangover ½...)
    Out of interest, I was simply going to go with light-XC knobblies.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Thanks, I have a few long up training rides coming up so will see how I get on with the current setup