CAADX Headset Bearings

andy9964
andy9964 Posts: 930
edited July 2016 in Cyclocross
Does anyone know where I can get the correct bearings for a 2015 CAADX Tiagra headset?

While stripping my bike down yesterday, the lower bearing in the headset has decided it would rather be in two pieces. The inner "shell" has come off, exposing the bearings and won't press back in. To be fair, there was a little movement prior to stripping it.

I don't want the complete headset, or an aftermarket kit, just the two bearing units to drop back in the frame.
This is all the information I have been able to get from Cannondale website, I don't have a vernier caliper to accurately measure anything

FORK
Cannondale Ultra X Disc, Carbon blades, 1-1/8"

HEADSET
CAADX Si, 25mm top cap

Cheers

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Give Chainreaction or similar the reference numbers off the bearings and they'll tell you which one to buy.
  • Mototarka
    Mototarka Posts: 31
    There usually are markings on outer bearing shell, three numbers - inner,outer diameters and thickness.
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    There are some numbers on the outer shell, but only a "1" is legible.
    I've took them to a LBS, whose supplier also supplies Cannondale stuff to other shops, so he's confident he can get the right ones. His estimates seem to be around the same prices I've seen online, for bearings I didn't have the confidence to buy :)
    Thanks for the comments
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Get yourself a vernier and measure.. then buy off Ebay.. plenty of sellers with drop down selection boxes to get the right ones.