Come On In, Tuesday's Fine...

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
Flawless winter day. Sunshine, no wind, 17 deg.

Existential struggle this morning to decide where and what to ride. Local trails won the toss. Upside of that was a couple of hours in blissful near-silence of the bush, (other than the ping of small stones on the downtube). Downside is that kind of riding really aggravates my neck... fair trade-off occasionally.

Bacon and egg roll well earned for lunch.

Even applied for a job today. Too far to commute by bike, but then pretty much everything is from here. Still, would be a decent gig if it happens.

Oooooh look, the bar's open. 8)
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

This morning I rode up a mountain for 22km to get a coffee (doppio lungho for those who care). Saw one car and two peds. It was very nice.

I then rode back down the mountain like a fool (spinning out on the 52/11 was, I feel, more down to the gradient than my feeble early morning legs). Must fit speedo and see if I can crack 100kph without dying.

Off to get gelati.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    This place is full of slackers

Me, been in the office for a couple of hours and suddenly feel exceptionally tired :(
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,025
    Damn right TLW, I was at the gym at 6.35 this morning.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    I was up about 6.40, left the house by 7 to be in work for 7.30. All far too keen if you ask me. Unfortunately I've been working since I got here, pesky customers keep bothering me. Mind you it is still the busy time of year for us. August is quiet, but I don't care as I'll be on holiday. Got more to do before the holiday, the EPO is stressing. So I'm taking her out to watch the new Star Trek film tonight.
  • homers_double
    If I suggested a film like that to MrsHD I'd wake up the following day with a pan shaped bruise on my head.

I think I've rather annoyed her with TDF footage of late.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    TDV is at her work. I'm busy sending her pictures of me and the bambini eating gelato in 28 degree heat with phenomenally stunning women floating around in the background.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh - fresh cinghiali sausages and insalata verde with home made wine have just arrived. After this I may have another coffee and some more gelato before going to mafia owned water park to look at mafia chicks while bambini do water slide stuff.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,543
    I'm exceptionally hungry after cycling into work so am now eating my body weight in food despite attending a healthy nutrition presentation at work this morning :) Only 2.5 weeks before I need my Norfolk beach body to be ready :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    Nor Folk in chance?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    TDV is at her work. I'm busy sending her pictures of me and the bambini eating gelato in 28 degree heat with phenomenally stunning women floating around in the background.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh - fresh cinghiali sausages and insalata verde with home made wine have just arrived. After this I may have another coffee and some more gelato before going to mafia owned water park to look at mafia chicks while bambini do water slide stuff.

POIDH or i'll claim you're in Stepney.

Tuesday the 26th of July is officially f*cking sh1t.

My OH's father passed away in the small hours this morning after a long fight with cancer.
    I'll miss him, he was one of the few 'rents (1 left) that wasn't chipped out of stone and actually spoke English of more than one syllabub. Lost an ally there.
    They want me to be a coffin bearer but I wrenched my back picking up Toots 2 whilst doing silly stuff - that'll teach me. Might have to go see the Chiropractor Torture bloke.

Another BBQ HD?! Be careful where you're going in the xxxl trophy thread. :wink:

Must go.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,543
    Nor Folk in chance?
    How did you know that? Uncanny. Although relative to the locals I will be a veritable God...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

My OH's father passed away in the small hours this morning after a long fight with cancer.
    I'll miss him, he was one of the few 'rents (1 left) that wasn't chipped out of stone and actually spoke English of more than one syllabub. Lost an ally there.
    They want me to be a coffin bearer but I wrenched my back picking up Toots 2 whilst doing silly stuff - that'll teach me. Might have to go see the Chiropractor Torture bloke.

Must go.

Really sorry to hear that - best wishes to all.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

POIDH or i'll claim you're in Stepney.

Tuesday the 26th of July is officially f*cking sh1t.

Another BBQ HD?! Be careful where you're going in the xxxl trophy thread. :wink:

Must go.

Stepney? I ain't that faaacking posh mate. Bunch of nonces in Stepney.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Sorry to hear of your loss Pinno. Went out swinging the other way on MTB as not back at work till Friday. Did just shy of 50 miles back tyre exploded whilst I was sat at trail side cafe, old guy next to my bike about swallowed his teeth and had a heart attack. Sadly crap trail side cycle hire shop only did 26" tyres ffs. Had to jog / walk 13 miles in cycle gear as couldn't even do a bush fix. Currently got an ars* like a baboon from running in padded shorts.

Shouldn't have been doing something so paedophilic in the first place then. Serves ya right.

Now go and buy a Ritte and repeat 100 times: "I shall not soil myself with two wheeled tractors again".

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    Sincere condolences Pinno, but who mentioned a BBQ?
    Advocate of disc brakes.