New saddle position?

lights10
lights10 Posts: 4
edited July 2016 in Workshop
I bought a new saddle the other day to replace my old one that cracked in half. After going through a couple saddle I found one that was similar to my old one albeit a little shorter from the nose of the saddle to the back of it. The position I had with my old saddle was perfect but now I'm not sure how to set up the new one. Do I replicate the distance from the nose of it to the stem or do I go from the back saddle to the stem? Any suggetions

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    If your old saddle is still on the bike take some measurements from the centre of the bottom bracket to the top of the saddle, ( just check with a spirit level to see if your old seat is level or angled forward )then from the centre of the handlebars to the front or back of the saddle,
    Take length measurement of the old saddle, take the measurement of you new saddle and work out the difference in length , and possibly height
    go for a ride with an Allen key in your pocket and make the necessary tweeks to get it in the right position
  • lights10
    lights10 Posts: 4
    If your old saddle is still on the bike take some measurements from the centre of the bottom bracket to the top of the saddle, ( just check with a spirit level to see if your old seat is level or angled forward )then from the centre of the handlebars to the front or back of the saddle,
    Take length measurement of the old saddle, take the measurement of you new saddle and work out the difference in length , and possibly height
    go for a ride with an Allen key in your pocket and make the necessary tweeks to get it in the right position
    Thanks for the suggestion, I eventually just took a camera and matched the new position to the old one.