Wilier GTR owners - tyre width question...

venster
venster Posts: 356
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
Need new tyres for my GTR, running 23mm Conti GP4000 at moment but would like to go wider.

I'm hoping they'll take 25mm, but any bigger?

What are people's experiences...

TIA

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    I translated the Vietnamese above:

The open cafe you want to know how delicious espresso-style machine Vietnam, Coffee tree will guide you in detail how delicious coffee from the machine.

You opened the cafe, you get used to mixing traditional filter of Vietnam. But the modern movement in coffee maker has developed in major cities such as Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City ... and of course the other provinces sooner or later.

Vietnamese people still prefer coffee grinders, but makers are gradually popular to help you save time and coffee, as well as for a better quality of coffee, because coffee has compressed the creating momentum to get a quality cup of coffee and coffee-saving.

The name is derived from the Italian Espresso. In Italian, Espresso-called "express", meaning that coffee can be served to the customer immediately. How espresso is defined by four M's: "... Macinazione means a coffee grinder, Miscela coffee blend, Macchina is a coffee maker, and Mano is the skilled hands of the barista ... ". Espresso will be perfect if the four-letter "M" on is done properly.

More: https://magiamgiaadayroi.wordpress.com

1. Mix Espresso: The purpose of mixing Espresso is to create a flavored coffee special coffee without individual has. These coffees are often used as coffee from Brazil, Mexico, Panama and Peru. Each different type of coffee for the taste, acidity, density and different aftertaste.

2. Rang Espresso: The aroma and sweetness are important elements of a good Espresso. Therefore, the purpose of the Espresso is roasted to retain aroma and sweetness, as well as minimizing the bitterness and acidity. This can be done by choosing the right time ends, usually after the first crack.

3. Grind Espresso: People often use burr grinder to grind Espresso. Since when exposed to air, the compounds of the coffee taste very lost, this process should take place as quickly as possible. Garbage is a reasonable time from 23-28 seconds. In addition, tools must be changed daily to avoid coffee hygroscopic and more time consuming grind.

4. Mix Espresso: Espresso phase is considered an "art", and espresso can get here as an opportunity to demonstrate the full talents of their coffee. A perfect cup of espresso must have a special sweetness and flavor appeal of freshly ground coffee. Espresso taste just charming, again just serene. In addition, a few minutes after drinking, the coffee taste still lingers on the palate.

Espressp espresso method of coffee Italy standards. Unique and intelligent. Espresso machines are really works of art created by people Italy. Coffee is mixed at very high pressure. A pump, pumping water through a copper coil. Water is heated rapidly in that copper tubing up to 100 ° C temperature (not below 90 ° C). The pressure pushes the water through the coffee powder is compacted in a filter. Fast flowing water through the coffee powder, through a metal filter straight into the cup just a few dozen seconds. The result is a hot cup of coffee, thick and soaked in scent, but which have nevertheless not bitter but smooth and creamy light foam.

Till today this method of coffee is considered the most Vietnamese advantages because of the following reasons: Mix cup of coffee yet for glass grinding, the coffee aroma hold more, that person can ask for drinks adjustments to the raw ground coffee powder, medium or fine grind mill, depending on whim. Old hot water so the scent of coffee is extracted at maximum performance and are not flying away. Hot water was rushing through faster, coffee powder is not bitter and burnt up the amount of caffeine dissolved in water or too much coffee when boiled in water for longer periods. Filters can be used, thanks to the high pressure of the water, so no coffee in cloudiness as if only by gravity to push the water through the coffee run.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    I have no idea what that apparent spamming is supposed to mean and i'm finding it difficult to find any tyre width metaphors.
    However, if it is any help, I run 27mm Vittorias on my Wilier which are 2mm bigger than the 25mm Michelin's I had on them before.

This is an oddity because the MIchelin's sat bigger on the rims than the Vittoria Pave's do and it is commonly known that Michelin's do sit big on the rim.

What rim width have you got? How much clearance have you got with the current set up?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • venster
    venster Posts: 356
    Hi.

I've got Ksyrium SLS wheels, which recommend 19 to 32mm !

If you can run 27, then I'm sure 25 will fit which is what I'm looking to...