Polarisation " An Apology "

tim_wand
tim_wand Posts: 2,552
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
Im not Vain enough to think anyone actually cares, But alas an apology for my absence in what has probably been the most interesting social and political period of our recent history.

The explanation is this

anthem_zpsy0utir1z.jpg

After what must have been the most abysmal summer weather wise I can recall for a long time I ve turned to the darkside.
I ve waited in hope and vain for an invite from Stevo for a bit of A&E and sheep bothering in the principality, but since their recent success in the Euros he obviously feels as a Chelski fan he cant attend anywhere that has experienced footballing success in the last 12 months.

So cutting a long cross thread short , 3 weeks out from the new season, What's the rules boys? Pinno has done the decent thing and re titled the Prem Thread, Do you want me to set up a Dream team league or can we just role over from the old one. ( Be nice to have some competition this year.)

Hope you ve all had/ have a good summer. Let battle recommence ( For me. I realise you've all still been hard at it. )

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    WTF is that ^ ? You apologise for not being here and you post a picture of a Frankenbike :roll:

Yeah yeah, blah yeah yeah. I think we need a new league and we should advertise it in Cake Stop too and perhaps Road General. 7 'runners' is not enough.

I'm going to rename that thread prior to the new season where us Gunners can look forward to a hard battle for 4th place. Suggestions welcome.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    Way to go Tim 8)

Coincidentally been im Wales today and have a suspect broken toe. More gravity fun in Devon tomorrow.

Don't listen to Pinno, he has no idea what fun is :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Way to go Tim 8)

Coincidentally been im Wales today and have a suspect broken toe. More gravity fun in Devon tomorrow.

You want to risk ending up in a Welsh A&E on a Friday night and you call it 'fun' !?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Abysmal summer? Been better than usual around these parts and certainly no excuse to ride childs bikes. You are referring to the UK are you not?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    @ OP It's 2016 and it's a choice of appropriate clothing when your ride and I believe a app called Grindr would meet your activity needs with Stevo. Being from Shropshire I had to use the urban dictionary to find the sexual meaning behind your reference to Stevo. Anywhere and everywhere I believe. :shock:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tim_wand
    Leave Pinno alone, He understands true suffering being a fellow Gooner!

Would be up for a Visit to The A+E department of the Homeland of the Founding Farther of the NHS. Off to the New Forest with the Family this week, so probably be on the Dale in case I get the chance to have me legs ripped off by some of the Primeria boys. Or more likely I ll take my Hybrid and tootle to the Pub

Off again in October with no family responsibilities, Don't know if the Principality is open then or closed due to flooding?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Who the fark are you?
    I think that applies here, Stevo can explain.
  • tim_wand
    You betta youd betta you bet!!!!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Way to go Tim 8)

You want to risk ending up in a Welsh A&E on a Friday night and you call it 'fun' !?
    Too skillful.for that :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Way to go Tim 8)

Too skillful.for that :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNyScykoFUg
  • Stevo_666
    Skill also includes knowing when to chicken out :wink:
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:

For once he's Right! I have that Skill in abundance.
  • veronese68
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Me three.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Me three.
    The first of these two runs was fine for me: I started clucking at the second one, although did get down it by walking a few bits !

https://youtu.be/U90Mf9GyZ80
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Me three.
    The first of these two runs was fine for me: I started clucking at the second one, although did get down it by walking a few bits !

State of the roads these days!
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Me three.

State of the roads these days!

It's that bloody surface dressing again.

Speaking of which ('cos i'm getting very bored of watching tree dodgers). I went out on Tuesday evening on the single 'heat wave' day of the year towards New Luce and then over to Glenchambers. It's a gradual 3 mile climb from New Luce which once you get past the initial 18-20%, you can go pretty quickly. The tar was melting through the gravel in places, the grass in the middle of the road looked like crispy burnt bits of crispy burnt things as they were covered in tar and the gravel was inches deep in places. I had to crawl in a big gear @ 6mph as the back wheel was spinning, all the time with a stench of tar in my nostrils. B4stards, b4stards, b4stards.

[Rant over]
  • Stevo_666
    You don't get problems like that off road....time to embrace The Dark Side. If Tim can, anyone can.
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 711
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The first run looks good, the second terrifying

I will be riding this tomorrow :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzdY6gmWNUE
  • Stevo_666
    diplodicus wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The first run looks good, the second terrifying

I will be riding this tomorrow :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzdY6gmWNUE
    Not too technical but some pretty steep drops if you go off piste ! Enjoy.
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You don't get problems like that off road....time to embrace The Dark Side. If Tim can, anyone can.

Mine was hardly hard core! Had a bunch of Beardy ramblers shout at me at one point that I needed a bell, Even though I d been track standing behind them for about 30 seconds whilst they took a picture of some Logs!!!!!!!!!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Me three.

Gawton is awesome. I remember that road gap being a pretty reasonable size too, not been there in about 6 years though
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:

Gawton is awesome. I remember that road gap being a pretty reasonable size too, not been there in about 6 years though
    Yep, 4 good runs (even if two of them were designed by some evil sadist) and a jump track. Pity it's so far away from me - and you I guess?

That road gap on the Super Tavi run is quite big. Walked down to scope it - must be a good 11 foot vertical to where I stood just below the wooden decking and more if you actually land on the downslope like you're meant to. Needless to say I rode around that feature...
  • Garry H
    I live near Peebles, so good mtb country, apparently. Tried it once, it was like being a kid again - I fell onto the top tube and ruined me knackers.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    I live near Peebles, so good mtb country, apparently. Tried it once, it was like being a kid again - I fell onto the top tube and ruined me knackers.

...and since then, you speak with a very high pitched and squeaky voice?

Can you do a Micheal Crawford impression?
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    I d been track standing behind them for about 30 seconds
    Flash git :wink:
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    I d been track standing behind them for about 30 seconds
    Flash git :wink:
    Not really
    Bike-blog--Young-child-on-010.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=a488cb83beafbfb7b5fe084d8ef35c6c
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

...and since then, you speak with a very high pitched and squeaky voice?

Can you do a Micheal Crawford impression?

"Oooh, Betty" See? Uncanny isn't it?