vector 2s on washing bike

Wilby_89
Wilby_89 Posts: 96
edited July 2016 in Road general
Just got the vector 2s which is brilliant but was wondering when it comes to cleaning my bike should I remove the pedals or just leave them on.
Just worried about the sensors etc getting damaged.

Comments

• supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Wilby_89 wrote:
    Just got the vector 2s which is brilliant but was wondering when it comes to cleaning my bike should I remove the pedals or just leave them on.
    Just worried about the sensors etc getting damaged.

As with the rest of the bike, as long as you are not blasting it with a hose then I wouldn't worry.
  • Websta24
    Websta24 Posts: 162
    I would hope they are waterproof. Otherwise you would be a bit screwed if it started raining when out!
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Water ingress can be an issue.. if you are out and get caught with, best to remove battery from pod at home and check.
    I'd liken it to humidity causing condensation insie the pod... some contact cleaner, dry it out and reset angles and good to go.... it's like checking water hasnt gotten in down the seat tube causing issues... like those who just ignore and then end up moaning on here about creaking bottom brackets....
    Back to the Vectors... no they dont pack up like Stages
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I have ridden my vector 2 through horrendus rain (2000km a week through winter) and they never had water ingress. I have hosed them down many times. So water ingress is not an issue. There is something wrong with the seal on your pods if they get this issue.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I did wonder what a washing bike was.

If they're not waterproof then they're not fit for purpose. You don't see people swapping pedals when the rain comes down do you ? I'd hose the bike down happily and then just sponge the pedals down - maybe play cautioys and use a damp sponger rather than immersing them.
  • KevinA
    KevinA Posts: 492
    If you are giving it a clean in your garden with a garden hose, bucket of water etc you should be fine.

If your taking it to a petrol garage and using one of those jet wash it might cause the pedals and other parts of the bike damage.

As previously said they should be waterproof otherwise its a very high risk piece of kit to have on your bike