Pf30

wayne17
wayne17 Posts: 32
edited July 2016 in Workshop
Hi there
I have a boardman team carbon that I got in January through cycle to work scheme. I get a annoying creak now and again mostly when peddling hard. I have changed seat post and saddle. Took off cranks and regreased and removed and refitted chain bolts. So I think it is from the pf30 bb . I am going to purchase the park tool bbt 30.3 to remove it, already have a press to refit.
The two choices of pf30 I can see round about the £20 mark are fsa road and the token fusion. Which is better or is there a better one round about this price?
When fitting I take it I do one cup at a time? Should I use grease when installing cups? I read a lot of people use loctite 641 if I use this will I still be able to remove it with the park tool.

Comments

• dgunthor
    dgunthor Posts: 644
    yes, fit one cup at a time. might want to try the loctite or grease on the existing one first before buying another?
  • wayne17
    You mean knock out the old pf30 grease it up and reinsert it one cup at a time. Won't removing them damage the plastic cups?
  • dgunthor
    dgunthor Posts: 644
    http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-hel ... -section-2

good point - mentions they may not be removable when removed.

might want to regrease them in situ?
  • I've got a sram pf30 bearing kit you can have for a tenner posted, I bought it on here as a BB30 but by the time I went to fit it it was too late to moan about it! Still in the bags/box etc with washers.
    Let me know if you're interested.
  • wayne17
    I've got a sram pf30 bearing kit you can have for a tenner posted, I bought it on here as a BB30 but by the time I went to fit it it was too late to moan about it! Still in the bags/box etc with washers.
    Let me know if you're interested.

Yes i will have the SRAM pf30 off you for a tenner.
    How do I go about paying you?
  • Let me find it tonight, I'll confirm it's as I've described then let me have your email address and I'll send my paypal details, gift would be appreciated?

thanks
  • wayne17
    Let me find it tonight, I'll confirm it's as I've described then let me have your email address and I'll send my paypal details, gift would be appreciated?

thanks

Ok cheers
  • IMG_20160723_080435514_HDR%2022141.jpg

Hi Wayne - this is what I have, good to go?
  • wayne17
    edited July 2016
    Hi Arthur
    have sent you a pm with email details
    Send me your paypal details and I will send payment
    If you don't get pm let me know
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Get a Praxis BB30/PF30 conversion kit and fit whichever BB you want.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,579
    you should edit your post to remove your email, otherwise you are liable to get extra spam with that

you can send a message direct to as using the contact icon under his name or this link may also work...

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&action=quotepost&p=19925100
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • wayne17
    sungod wrote:
    you should edit your post to remove your email, otherwise you are liable to get extra spam with that

you can send a message direct to as using the contact icon under his name or this link may also work...

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&action=quotepost&p=19925100
    Cheers
  • wayne17
    Hi Arthur
    I take it that as I have not heard anything from you since Saturday you no longer want to sell me the sram pf30 ?