New S-Works shoe sizing

on-yer-bike
on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
How does the sizing of the new S-Works shoes compare with Sidi, Giro and other makes? Have they changed the fit for 2016?
Pegoretti
Colnago
Cervelo
Campagnolo

Comments

• bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    How does the sizing of the new S-Works shoes compare with Sidi, Giro and other makes? Have they changed the fit for 2016?

Yes, the shape of the new 6 shoes has changed dramatically.

Size, for me at least seems to be the same.

I did a full review here;

http://www.cyclespeedtours.com/s-works- ... 16-review/
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Cripes, they look like my daughters start-rite shoes.
    Girls-Buckle-Sandalette-II-Blue-3464_9a.jpg
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    The review comments highlight a significant design change around the ankles which I suspect could prove uncomfortable for many folks on longer rides. Thanks for flagging this up as a consideration.

Peter
  • zoomer42
    zoomer42 Posts: 124
    Not sure what the 2016 are like, but i had old s-works which were a 44 (a UK 10) - then got a new version which were again 44, but now a UK 9.6. No idea why they did that, but they didn't work for me. I'd go into a shop and try them on
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Same size, but the shape is different, especially around the heel. I have the lace-up model and love them, but wouldn't be surprised if the snug heel wasn't comfortable for everyone.
  • In terms of size comparison to other brands, the 2016 model come up smaller compared to Sidi, Giro etc. For example I am 43.5 in Sidi and 43 in Giro. I tried the Spesh and the correct foot length was 42. Did not buy them in the end as they were too wide in the toe box. As a couple of people have commented, they are a unique foot shape, different to any other shoe brand I have worn, so I would try them on in a shop first if possible.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    My feet are wide and I've never been able to get on with sworks shoes before. But the new ones are great, nice wide toe box. Length wise seems normal sizing, I would say wider than a sidi and a smidge wider than a bont shoe but the shape is very similar. You need to try them on really, I think it's a great shoe.