batmnx Posts: 8
edited July 2016 in Your mountain bikes
Here,s my 4 mo. old Yeti SB5c
Yeti%20Batman%20Brands_zpszmfim97m.jpg

Comments

• Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    Looks great but no droper?!
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • buddy_club
    buddy_club Posts: 935
    Very unagressive tyres for quite an agressive build too
    Framebuilder
    Handbuilt Steel 29er https://goo.gl/RYSbaa
    Carbon Stumpjumper https://goo.gl/xJNFcv
    Parkwood:http://goo.gl/Gf8xkL
    Ribble Gran Fondo https://goo.gl/ZpTFXz
    Triban:http://goo.gl/v63FBB
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Nice bike, must be very dry area that you ride in to use those tyres.
  • kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    Do you even ride it??
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    What we have here is someone with lots of money and not a clue how to put a bike together. Don't mean to sound harsh but that is a great job of ruining an otherwise lovely frame. I don't care how dry the trails are those tyres have no place on a bike like that.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Some of those components are completely out of place on a fairly hardcore enduro frame.
    All top quality parts but some of them are better suited to a light xc bike than a bike designed to tear up the nastiest trails.
  • batmnx
    Thank you guys for all your inputs, much appreciated, I considered these tires because I also ride on the road & lite trails only, I'm not much of a hard core trail rider thats why I put a lot of considerations on components weight, I want to assemble another bike as xc set up but I think it's too much for me so I put a kinda mixed set up that will suit my riding style, btw I already broke my rear carbon brake lever with a minor fall without a scratch on my bike, just the lever, i don't know if the latest XTR carbon lever is a good idea or its just poorly designed from its 2015 counterpart. Again , thanks for your opinions.
  • kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    Definitely too much money
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • dirkpitt74
    dirkpitt74 Posts: 518
    Seems like an odd spec for such a hard core bike.
    Is 2x11 really necessary?
    I would have thought given the riding you stated a HT would be a better/lighter choice.

Each to there own though.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    who cares if he has too much money or its the wrong choice in your eyes - the only thing I would say about it is the number of spacers on the steerer seems a bit much.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    POAH wrote:
    who cares if he has too much money or its the wrong choice in your eyes - the only thing I would say about it is the number of spacers on the steerer seems a bit much.

agreed

this is why i dont come on here that much

used to be quite a friendly place, not somewhere to troll

that used to be CoolDads role...
  • rockmonkeysc
    batmnx wrote:
    I considered these tires because I also ride on the road & lite trails only.

Why buy such a hardcore bike then? You could have got something loads better for your riding for around half the price. All that suspension and extra weight makes it massively compromised for your use.
  • batmnx
    fyi i shifted my tires to Schwalbe Rocket Ron already, pix to ff.tnx
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    so, you went hardcore this time huh? :D
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • batmnx
    edited July 2016
    still not that serious, rocket ron is still an XC/trail tire anyway
  • poah
    batmnx wrote:
    I considered these tires because I also ride on the road & lite trails only.

Why buy such a hardcore bike then? You could have got something loads better for your riding for around half the price. All that suspension and extra weight makes it massively compromised for your use.

because he liked the look of it? what does it matter whay he rides and where ffs :roll:
  • rockmonkeysc
    I was just suggesting he/she/it could have bought a bike far better for their riding at half the cost.
    I didn't say they shouldn't use it or that they must change it immediately.
    Chill out and don't be such a spunktrumpet.
  • batmnx
    Poah's exactly right I wasn't familiar with Yeti till I saw the built & the Infinity Switch which impressed me a lot, I was actually rooting for a Sta Cruz ,Pivot or Ibis. The components, I already had it in mind before I saw the frame, anyway I think my bike's fine & I enjoy riding it as much as other bikers admiring it. thanks btw with regards to cost I'd like to spend my money on things that I REALLY like & enjoy not on the things that I SHOULD, it builds character & identity, that's just me. no offence meant thanks again.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Surprised no ones commented on the saddle bag. As soon as I saw that I just knew - 'One of them'
  • batmnx
    Fortunately
  • poah
    Briggo wrote:
    Surprised no ones commented on the saddle bag. As soon as I saw that I just knew - 'One of them'

whats wrong with a saddle bag?
  • rockmonkeysc
    Almost as bad as a fanny pack. They always rattle around until they fall apart.
  • batmnx
    Unfortunately