Multi tool replacement help?

gt5xcr
gt5xcr Posts: 77
edited July 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi , I could buy a replacement chain tool pin for my topeak hexus from active sports for £5.98 inc.postage or should I just buy a new hexus for £16.00 .any advice or other options . Thanks
GT I_DRIVE 5 XCR IN BLUE.

Ride everywhere, To/from work(12hrs work a day/5 days a week) and still the energy to hit the trails.

Comments

• kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    It's sortof your decision??
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Yes
  • gt5xcr
    Hi thanks for the replys . Have ordered new hexus £15.99 from CRC.

Ride everywhere, To/from work(12hrs work a day/5 days a week) and still the energy to hit the trails.
  • rockmonkeysc
    You idiot, you should have just got the chain tool bit. How do you sleep at night, wasting money like that while people are in poverty.
    You disgust me.
  • gt5xcr
    I've passed on my old hexus to a young lad down the street who can't afford one.

• rockmonkeysc
    So you've insulted an underprivileged young person by giving them your broken tool?
  • kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    Lol what's going on
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • gt5xcr
    I have absolutely no idea ,I give up,what's the point,over to you RMSC?

• Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I'd have bought the replacement bit, for what it's worth.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • gt5xcr
    I could have bought the replacement pin but my hexus is about 8/9 years old and is slightly rusty on a couple of the hex drivers and then again what if the pin fell out again after fitting plus mine is the hexus not the updated hexus 11 and for £10 difference I have got the new one.
    As for "wasting money while people are in poverty and sleeping at night "it's not a waste of my hard earned money, and its up to them to get out of poverty and I sleep great at night.

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think RM was taking the p1ss.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools