2016 Ksyrium Elite Anygood

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
I have experience of the previous model not so sure about the 2016 version though - any real life experiences anyone?

Also what the are colours like in the flesh - cool or chavvy? :lol:

Comments

• warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    I have the ones with silver between the spokes, nice wheels and bomb proof.
    There are lighter wheels that feel quicker but as a do it all wheel I'd gladly buy them again, on par with other similar priced wheels from other manufacturers.
  • tazmon
    tazmon Posts: 107
    I've replaced 2011 Elites with the wider rim 2016 version. Very pleased with them but was also perfectly happy with the old ones and only replaced them due to rim wear on the advice of the bike shop.

Ride seems much better on the 2016 with 25mm vs. 2011 with 25mm

Check out 4thebike for good prices, got mine pre-Brexit for around £310.

Cheers
    Road - Scott Solace
    Mountain - Santa Cruz Tazmon (retro) and Scott Spark
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    I got some recently and so far so good, I do like them and think they are very good value (paid less than £400). I'd rather they didn't bother with the included tyres/tubes but you could get about £30 back if you flog them unused.

Personally I went for the black ones and glad I did.
  • 288GTO
    288GTO Posts: 79
    I upgraded my crappy Giant OEM wheels to the Ksyrium Elite S and noticed a huge gain in speed. Since then I upgraded furthermore to the Zipp 303's at three times the price but the gain, while there, is moderate. BTW I went with the red hubs. Great wheels!
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    288GTO wrote:
    I upgraded my crappy Giant OEM wheels to the Ksyrium Elite S and noticed a huge gain in speed. Since then I upgraded furthermore to the Zipp 303's at three times the price but the gain, while there, is moderate. BTW I went with the red hubs. Great wheels!
    I believe the Elite S is one of the versions from the previous incarnation
  • Recently bought a bike that came with 2016 Elites fitted. Very happy with them, they look good (although mine are the boring black ones) and they definitely feel quicker, more responsive & stiffer than the Shimano RS11s on my old bike. But then, they should.

IMO the supplied tyres are garbage, very nervous-feeling and downright alarming on even slightly loose surfaces. The rear had worn paper-thin within 800 miles and I was relieved to be able to replace them with Mich Pro4s.