Peacekeeping Saturday

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
FiL 60th last night and doing presents etc he was utterly shell shocked to receive totally surprise holiday to Turkey, taxi coming at 4am and flight departs at 7am this morning.

Lots of whooping and cheers and genuine tears from MiL that it had successfully been kept a secret. Gormless SiL was staring at phone during proceedings and suddenly started asking why BBC news alerts were kicking off so we turned the TV on.

5 hours of panic later and 10 of the finest family peacekeeping force is en route to the airport for a stiff drink and a week in Turkey. I fear they don't know what's about to hit them.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Up early for weights session and some peace and quiet with The Hound and then hopefully a nice chilled weekend.

Meant to be going for a Thai meal this evening with some friends from work but yet to finalise so even if I just end up in the garden with the bambini, The Hound and a cold wet then I'll be happy.

Ciao for now
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    Let's hope there's not a coup attempt in Norfolk next month eh.

Stropteen is off on a boat trip on the Danube today. I'm off down the tip and popping into Waitrose...wonderful.

May also do some bike fiddling in preparation for my gravity double header next week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    oxoman wrote:
    ...I've banned everything electronic and kicked out to tkd training for the morning...

Good move, brave man.

Me decided to deplete toots 1 and 2 of energy with a decent walk in the woods first thing and now I am capitalising on some resulting (but relative) peace with Toots 2 watching Minions for the umpteenth time. Toots 1 is doodling on a cardboard box acquired from Lidl which will shut for 8 weeks refurb as of tonight :cry:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    ...I've banned everything electronic and kicked out to tkd training for the morning...

Good move, brave man.

Me decided to deplete toots 1 and 2 of energy with a decent walk in the woods first thing and now I am capitalising on some resulting (but relative) peace with Toots 2 watching Minions for the umpteenth time. Toots 1 is doodling on a cardboard box acquired from Lidl which will shut for 8 weeks refurb as of tonight :cry:

Laters.
    Your supermarket of choice? Do they sell those grey tracky bottoms that hang down at the back and show off your 'Dagenham cleavage' so you fit in with the clientele? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Good move, brave man.

Laters.
    Your supermarket of choice? Do they sell those grey tracky bottoms that hang down at the back and show off your 'Dagenham cleavage' so you fit in with the clientele? :)

We all know why you go shopping at Waitrose and it's not for shopping.
  • Stevo_666
    You got me there. The free coffee is just too good :)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    it is handy to have a coffee as you window shop aint it mate.

Hounds walked twice, house tidied mini crud, now tdf final stretch then date night with a film and some sticky toffee pudding!

No idea what Cori was chatting.

I've heard good things about Lidls fresh produce, just never been inside one.

Trying to find the Dates £10 wiggle voucher to steal, need a new MTB helmet
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    coriordan wrote:
    FiL 60th last night and doing presents etc he was utterly shell shocked to receive totally surprise holiday to Turkey, taxi coming at 4am and flight departs at 7am this morning.

Lots of whooping and cheers and genuine tears from MiL that it had successfully been kept a secret. Gormless SiL was staring at phone during proceedings and suddenly started asking why BBC news alerts were kicking off so we turned the TV on.

5 hours of panic later and 10 of the finest family peacekeeping force is en route to the airport for a stiff drink and a week in Turkey. I fear they don't know what's about to hit them.

Bad luck. I've been wondering if it went ahead, let us know what happened please.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    it is handy to have a coffee as you window shop aint it mate.

Hounds walked twice, house tidied mini crud, now tdf final stretch then date night with a film and some sticky toffee pudding!
    Too true. Chuck in a free paper and it's almost good value if.you keep away from the fancy/expensive stuff. Add in good quality Saturday girls and that makes for a lot of brand loyalty.

BTW is 'sticky toffee pudding'' a euphemism? :P
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    it...mate.

Hounds...pudding!
    Too...loyalty.

BTW is 'sticky toffee pudding'' a euphemism? :P

I'd rather not.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    no some fancy one from a fancy place in Lancs(heard they can do fancy up there) better be good cost enough
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    to_the_pub_by_jollyjack_by_stadt.png
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Most excellent day - popped into work to pay a friend for some wheels and was given some unexpected cash, which was nice, some bambino minus bambina/TDV time so we grabbed a sneaky chicken and mushroom pie each that we ate in the sun while looking at girls.

BBQ dinner, quick beer now lounging on the couch drinking Ricard and scratching The Hound behind the idea.

Heading out for a ride early doors tomorrow so early to bed methinks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Aniseed and Liquorice flavoured drink.... eeeeeeugh.

That'll be on my don't bother list along with Grappa and Tequila.