Canyon Ultimate CF SL 9.0 SL Sizing

evren
evren Posts: 18
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi folks,

i'm looking get a Canyon Ultimate CF SL 9.0 SL soon - but not sure what size to get as I wont be able to ride one beforehand. I'm 5' 9.25" or 1.76m, and on their website a Small frame clearly looks like the one to go - 1.72 - 1.77 but I'm half thinking would a Medium be better?

Any Canyon owners out there with size/fitting advice they can give?

Also I believe they're semi assembled but I'll have it setup locally so that it's spot on. How have you found the set up out of the box?

Thanks,
Evren

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I'm 5'6" and went for a 53cm.Not sure if that's a S or M but it feels right.
    I bought framset only so can't help you on the build b
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Really easy to put together. Set mine up for saddle height and bar distance etc using other bike set up as a reference and not needed to change anything, gearing set up was spot on out of the box. Contact Canyon re best size for you they will give the best advice.
  • beardytwo
    beardytwo Posts: 174
    I have the Team Edition albeit not in team colours (campag) in a medium. I'm 5'11" with a 32" inside leg and this is spot on. Depends on whether you want to be a bit more stretched out. I think you get away with a Medium but a small might be better depending on your torso/reach vs inside leg measurement. Assembly is very straight forward. Just make sure you use the carbon paste and your own or the supplied torque wrench. Wonderful bike by the way. Comfortable, very light and responsive for the money..
  • evren
    evren Posts: 18
    Great stuff - thanks guys, it looks like a Small one with slightly raised seat and handlebars will be spot on, I emailed them and they said provided the bike does not show signs of use, they would swap the it for a different size need it be.

How have you found the quality of the bike? Reviews have been great and I haven't come across anything alarming so far, but is the frame build etc good? Also looking at a BMC TeamMachine SLR02 Ultegra at the same price, but its heavier than the Canyon...

Evren
  • cantaloupe
    cantaloupe Posts: 34
    evren wrote:
    Also looking at a BMC TeamMachine SLR02 Ultegra at the same price, but its heavier than the Canyon...
    Evren

the BMC also does not have full internal cable routing
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Quality on mine is excellent and at 2 years old all that it has needed is the usual cleaning and lubing etc.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Can't fault mine at all.
    I'm changing group sets from Ultegra to SRAM Force but that's just personal preference.
    I'd buy another' without hesitation.