Ridefulgas carbon wheelset buying advice

Tr0nc0
Tr0nc0 Posts: 28
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
Hello everyone,
does anyone know anything about the products quality and reputation of UK company ridefulgas.com?
I just bought a set of wheels from them and everything was well till I left my review on their website as I had been asked.
Something really weird happend then, which I will not describe here, that made me think that the reviews I read might not all be 100% genuine...
I am not displeased with this product but after what happened I am not going to enjoy riding on it...even if it might just be a matter of principles

Any comments? Anyone has first hand opinions on the quality of these products?
Do you know what brake pads are the best on these wheels?

Thanks

Comments

• Tr0nc0
    Hi,
    I stand corrected! Am glad I was wrong...
    I actually found my review published, I had been malicious in thinking there was something behind product reviews.
    But lots of weird coincidences really made me think bad.

So all good, I am so relieved :)

Still, I'd like to know the impression you got of any of these company products if you ever came across some.

Thanks
  • skyeflyguy
    skyeflyguy Posts: 110
    Never seen these before. Wow there wide,which did you buy and have you had any clearance issues?
  • tomisitt
    tomisitt Posts: 257
    I've bought a Ti frame, carbon forks, headset, stem and two pairs of wheels (some old 30mm alloy ones, and a pair of DMX440s) from them, and have always had an excellent relationship with Spin. I have nothing but good things to say about them.
  • Tr0nc0
    I bought a set of DMX440 cx.
    No clearing issues with that, I fit a 23mm tyre. The rim is as wide as the inflated tyre and you don't even have to open your calipers to take the wheel off.
    DM8 wheels are meant for 25mm tyres, I guess if you can fit a 25mm with your current frame/fork setup and if your calipers can spread at least up to 30mm I guess you should be alright. Even with these wheels the rim is going to be as wide as an inflated 25mm tyre.
    I believe is a good buy