TdF image on the road

natrix
natrix Posts: 1,111
edited July 2016 in Pro race
This has been really bugging me, amongst all the riders names painted on the road there has been a symbol which looks like a stick man with no arms. Does anybody know what it represents or who would paint it? Is it similar to the 'devil' painting his trident on the road????
~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~

Comments

• bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Roger Moore perhaps ?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    I noticed something similar amongst a lot of graffiti reading 'Frexit' so wondered if it was anti-European, but can't find anything online to substantiate my idle hypothesis (cue lots of people telling me that Frexit is a well known aperitif in the Pyrenees or something).
  • This perhaps?

http://www.andalucia.com/province/almeria/indalo/home.htm

My old man lives in Almeria and they are everywhere, on fronts of houses, on stickers in car and sold in various forms by tourist shops. Perhaps there was an Almerian rider and his fans daubed it on the road.
  • natrix
    Not the Almeria one, I'll try to get a screen grab of one.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • natrix
    Funnily enough - no it is not a giant penis, I would recognise that straight away 8)
  • aberdeenal
    aberdeenal Posts: 200
    From what I saw on TV today some of the road penises on Ventoux had been painted out - I cycled up Ventoux a few weeks back and there were loads - did make me giggle whilst I was breathing through my ar$e
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Timoid. wrote:
    I saw that, sure there's been a fair few around. Always makes me snigger.

I liked the one from one of last years classics, when someone wrote "Boonen" on the road and the "oo" were the balls. I did titter.