Frame size question.

SME
SME Posts: 348
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi... Simple question...

How do you measure frame size? Convention says length of seatpost, but I'm lead to believe that top tube length is used in road bikes???

So what size do I specify this frame as?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

TDF_frams_3.jpg

TDF_frams_2.jpgupload an image

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Are you just trying to sell it or are you trying to find out so that you can use that size to buy another frame thinking it will be the same (as that's a fair bit more complex!)

For selling that frame is a 51cm
  • SME
    mfin wrote:
    Are you just trying to sell it or are you trying to find out so that you can use that size to buy another frame thinking it will be the same (as that's a fair bit more complex!)

For selling that frame is a 51cm

Thanks.

Yes, I was going to chuck it up on 'that auction site'.

TBH, it's an old frame with steel forks, not old enough to be a classic and not light enough to be considered for a sporty build. The parts off it have been cannibalised for other projects.

So I just figured 'what the heck, see what you can get for it'!

Cheers,
    Steve
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I'd list both measurements and specify them. Some bikes are measured from the virtual top tube whilst others are measured from the seat tube length. If you're going to advertise it as a 51cm make sure you tell them it's the seat tube length.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • SME
    philthy3 wrote:
    I'd list both measurements and specify them. Some bikes are measured from the virtual top tube whilst others are measured from the seat tube length. If you're going to advertise it as a 51cm make sure you tell them it's the seat tube length.

Thanks... I will.