2nd hand lapierre 26" wheel

core00
core00 Posts: 169
edited July 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi, can anyone tell me which lapierre is this as its for sale for a fair price I think but want to get people's opinion about the bike.

Untitled.jpg

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Lapierre Tecnic 700, around 2008? maybe.

If it has the carbon rear end, it's possibly the only one left on the world not snapped.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Can't see any detail in your pic, but around this time.

http://www.culturevelo.com/TECNIC-FS-700

I wouldn't.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • core00
    I think its the 2009 tecnic, why not? even price point of 400 or possibly less.

Just thought it'd be a nice entry level for my brother.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    If it's got the carbon rear end don't but it. It must be held together with duck tape and zip ties.
  • cooldad
    If it's got the carbon rear end don't but it. It must be held together with duck tape and zip ties.
    Which, to be fair, probably makes it stronger than the original.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • core00

Ha duck tape, I will see if I can check the buy later today and take a good picture of it hehe.
  • rockmonkeysc
    To be honest I wouldn't touch any Lappierre from 2008-2012. The Tecnic was weak even by Lappierre standards.
  • cooldad
    Originally had Dart 2 forks, not much good then and probably awful by now.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    cooldad wrote:
    Originally had Dart 2 forks, not much good then and probably awful by now.

Those forks in the picture certainly aren't Darts. They're about two inches longer, probably too long for that frame. Another reason to avoid it.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    There isn't much right with it, and it would have been more at home for sale in 2004 than 2008!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Could be worse though. Could be an old Commencal Meta of similar vintage.
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    I remember really wanting a Meta 5.2 for ages. So glad I avoided that bullet.

£400 May be seem like a bargain but if you have private healthcare and you mention that bike on your policy, your premium will rocket up.

Avoid.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • core00

£400 May be seem like a bargain but if you have private healthcare and you mention that bike on your policy, your premium will rocket up.

Avoid.
    Ha my company is offering private health care but okay i guess avoid the bike then. Trying to introduce mtb to my brother as he wants to try it ehe.
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    core00 wrote:

Avoid.
    Ha my company is offering private health care but okay i guess avoid the bike then. Trying to introduce mtb to my brother as he wants to try it ehe.
    There are less dangerous ways to introduce him to MTB for £400 :)
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • rockmonkeysc
    You won't go wrong with an early Giant Trance. Good, solid frame.