Banshee Spitfire Build - Any Advice?

Big_Jack
Big_Jack Posts: 82
edited July 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, I've been doing my research and a couple of test rides on my friends bike and decided that I want a Banshee Spitfire to replace my Bird Zero hardtail as I want a full-susser. I mainly do local / trail riding but want something capable of the odd bike park visit. I did consider the Rune, but I don't want my non-bike park stuff to feel like I am just steamrolling over it.

This will be the first bike that I've built completely from scratch, although I do all of my own maintenance (so I can mechanically do it), I wondered if anyone had any advice over component selection etc to avoid falling into any common pitfalls?

I would likely get a new frame and shock combo as this works out more cost effective, even when considering a second hand shock. The rest of the parts (forks, stem, bars, wheels etc) I will likely get from forum classifieds, although the groupset will likely be a new 1 x from CRC.

My alternative is to get a SRAM GX equipped off-the-shelf build, but I have a fair idea of bits I want (hope brakes etc) so I think that'd turn out pricier in the long run as I would be buying the bike with a list of parts to replace already.

Most importantly, any advice on colour?! I was going to go for black with purple bits but found a photo of a similar build and went off it a bit http://i.imgur.com/JIRP184.jpg.. Silver and red might work, with red bits? IDK.

Thanks all! Sorry for the long and rambling essay.

Jack

Comments