Any news on 2017 Canyon Aeroad?

288GTO
288GTO Posts: 79
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
I'm ready to upgrade and want a 2017 Aeroad with the new Dura Ace 9100 mechanical. Any news? I keep checking their website.

Comments

• Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    288GTO wrote:
    I'm ready to upgrade and want a 2017 Aeroad with the new Dura Ace 9100 mechanical. Any news? I keep checking their website.

Me and you both, my daughters 2016 aeroad is an amazing bit of kit!

Models get launched in Sept/October, big problem will be pricing, they do this in £ and we all know the direction of the £/euro.

looks like they ll have a disc model too.
  • Shuggy76
    Shuggy76 Posts: 91
    Canyon released their 2016 range in September last year, so maybe a couple of months to wait...?
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I wouldn't wait, the £ has still got a fair bit more to go. Bikes are going to go up in price next year.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    The new ones only been out a year i cant think they will change it already? Not sure the pound will fall too much more as the euro is over inflated as it is always has been.
  • 288GTO
    The new ones only been out a year i cant think they will change it already? Not sure the pound will fall too much more as the euro is over inflated as it is always has been.

I'm aware the 2nd generation Aeorad is only a year old but I'm hoping the 2017 models offer new drivetrain options like Dura Ace 9100 and SRAM E-Tap.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227

All fiat currencies are over inflated, the GBP more than others though. Could go into detail but not the time or place. Just providing suggestions, prices being set now, and they will be higher.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    288GTO wrote:

I'm aware the 2nd generation Aeorad is only a year old but I'm hoping the 2017 models offer new drivetrain options like Dura Ace 9100 and SRAM E-Tap.

Ok, so same frame but different components?

Really like the look of the Aeroad, but can't decide if that or the Ultimate is best for me.
  • Tiesetrotter
    Tiesetrotter Posts: 432
    You could buy the PlanetX Aero Road, then you won't go China-Germany-UK or Yen-Euro-Pound. Just China-UK.

They are both good honest mail order bike companies. Just one is German and the other British.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    I'm not sure anything planet x do can even be compared to an aeroad, the difference in quality is so vast.

As above I doubt there'll be a new frame. If there was going to be one the pro teams would be on it this year.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    As gsk said, not even close!
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I realise this is going off-topic but has anyone compared them side by side?
    Given one is double the price, I'd expect it to be better but the PX has certainly caught my attention, although absolutely love the lines on the Canyon.
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    The Aeroad 6.0 is now on sale for a ridiculous £2149...I think I've made my mind up now! :D
  • Made my mind up just now. Fantastic deal. :-)
  • iPete
    That deal is nuts, I can't compute that it's cheaper than the frameset on its own and has full ultegra and £900 wheels :shock:
  • 288GTO
    Still waiting....
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Is there anywhere to test ride this Aeroad in London? Need to see what the fuss is about and what it has over more available Foil or Transonic.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    if I were in the market for an aero road bike I'd go:

1) Cervelo S5
    2) Canyon Aeroad
    3) Fuji transonic

the S5 has a premium in terms of cost, but it is seemingly ( after a tonne of research), the best road/aero bike available. its also lower maintenance than the trek Madone, as well. I haven't chosen the trek or the BMC timemachine as both are incredibly high maintenance with regards their brakes and other hardware, based on personal usage and feedback from friends with them....

the Fuji has been tested as being very very aero, but because its not as well known it often suffers a bit in tests by the magazines.

the canyon seems to be the best bang for buck bike out there, you get a very quick bike for little cash with the right level of hardware and associated toys ( the wheels are the only real let down).

I know of a lot of club mates that race and TT on planet x bikes. none of them do that bad, though in terms of quality, they aren't on the same level as the "named" bikes. they often have what seems to be referred to as "squidgy" bottom brackets!!! :)
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Available 2018...
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    philbar72 wrote:
    if I were in the market for an aero road bike I'd go:

1) Cervelo S5
    2) Canyon Aeroad
    3) Fuji transonic

the S5 has a premium in terms of cost, but it is seemingly ( after a tonne of research), the best road/aero bike available. its also lower maintenance than the trek Madone, as well. I haven't chosen the trek or the BMC timemachine as both are incredibly high maintenance with regards their brakes and other hardware, based on personal usage and feedback from friends with them....

the Fuji has been tested as being very very aero, but because its not as well known it often suffers a bit in tests by the magazines.

the canyon seems to be the best bang for buck bike out there, you get a very quick bike for little cash with the right level of hardware and associated toys ( the wheels are the only real let down).

I know of a lot of club mates that race and TT on planet x bikes. none of them do that bad, though in terms of quality, they aren't on the same level as the "named" bikes. they often have what seems to be referred to as "squidgy" bottom brackets!!! :)

Just looked up the Transonic - there's a 58cm one on Evans with Ultegra for £1439 which seems mental!!
  • mamil314 wrote:
    Is there anywhere to test ride this Aeroad in London? Need to see what the fuss is about and what it has over more available Foil or Transonic.

The fuss is that you get all the benefits of an aero bike, that climbs and handles as well as any lightweight bike.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • gsk82 wrote:
    I'm not sure anything planet x do can even be compared to an aeroad, the difference in quality is so vast

Based on

Not a vast difference at all, Canyon make their money on their frames. As a cycle mechanic in one if the busiest shops in the south we've had plenty of Canyons come through our doors with frame issues, cracks, misaligned stays.
    There's a reason they're cheap, I'm not saying they're bad but from personal experience I wouldn't say they're any better than Planet X.
    Both good value but they can both be beat for quality by Specialized, Trek, and many other brands who have more money.
  • Lookyhere
    gsk82 wrote:
    I'm not sure anything planet x do can even be compared to an aeroad, the difference in quality is so vast

Based on

Not a vast difference at all, Canyon make their money on their frames. As a cycle mechanic in one if the busiest shops in the south we've had plenty of Canyons come through our doors with frame issues, cracks, misaligned stays.
    There's a reason they're cheap, I'm not saying they're bad but from personal experience I wouldn't say they're any better than Planet X.
    Both good value but they can both be beat for quality by Specialized, Trek, and many other brands who have more money.

i dont agree wiv that, i ve a mtb Canyon CF slx and an Aeroad and the attention to detail and finish, ride quality is fantastic, i ve know plenty treks giants and Spesh's break too, canyon have their QC issues no doubt, but they are a league above P X, esp when you consider units sold.
  • iPete
    again, based on? brand perception?
  • Lookyhere
    iPete wrote:
    again, based on? brand perception?

i ve got 2 canyons, in the family and my GF had a PX rt58 (now sold) and i hired one in Mallorca and rode an ultimate last yr in Mallorca too,so there :) the canyons are better.

do PX offer vfm ? absolutely i dont dislike them at all.
  • iPete
    fair enough, don't own either but could happily consider an Aeroad or Viner Maxima.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Canyon release new year specs and catalogue at Eurobike. Hoping on a Campagnolo build
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • When I enquirer via email about the aeroad model that had sold out they replied with "our new 2017 model will be announced some time in October so keep an eye out on the website for details"
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced 2 2020
    Canyon Lux CF SL 7.0 2019
    Canyon Spectral CF 7.0 2019
    Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 2020
    Wattbike Atom V2
    Garmin Edge 530