chain links - wippermann

philbar72
philbar72 Posts: 2,229
edited July 2016 in Workshop
I'm liking the look of the wipperman chain links that have the curved inner profile as the kmc or sram ones I have used are a bit rubbish. anyone got any feedback on them? the reason is for ease of removability and chain cleaning amongst others.

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I've been using the 11sp KMC chain links for 4 years, not had a problem with them at all, and I reuse them (for the life of a chain).

In what way are KMC/SRAM links "a bit rubbish"?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,159
    i use the wipperman connex 11sp removable link, also carry one as an on the road spare

had no issues, extremely easy to fit/remove
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    I've used both KMC and Wippermann 9 & 10sp links. Not any detectable difference in performance or durability between them although the Wippermann are slightly easier to take apart. Use whatever floats your boat.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    drlodge wrote:
    I've been using the 11sp KMC chain links for 4 years, not had a problem with them at all, and I reuse them (for the life of a chain).

Same here. I have also used SRAM chain links and re-used them without issue.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    drlodge wrote:

might be my mechanical brutishness when removing them. they bend far too easily!