Lotto jumbo marginal gains

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 75,655
edited July 2016 in Pro race
I'm sure others do it too, but just saw a clip:

A/C filters replaced with special team filers.

Special gas to kill airborne bacteria pumped in while they're still out riding.

Shower heads removed and replaced with anti bacterial filters.

Though kisses from the podium girls are still welcome.

Comments

• ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Shall I add the punchline...?
    Half man, Half bike
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    And I think those marginal gains are showing on the road, Lotto look a lot stronger sit at or near the front of the peloton, they've certainly adapted to the new era and style of racing.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    I'm sure others do it too, but just saw a clip:

A/C filters replaced with special team filers.

Special gas to kill airborne bacteria pumped in while they're still out riding.

Shower heads removed and replaced with anti bacterial filters.

Though kisses from the podium girls are still welcome.

I can see the logic but then wont the defense system not see any bacteria and then take longer to deal with it should they come in contact with a virus.

Did they also sabotage the Tinkoff bus the other day ? :D
  • Mac9
    Mac9 Posts: 134
    I've noticed that Lotto Soudal's team issue Ridley Helium does not incorporate internal cable routing. Not suggesting this is anti-marginal gains but it's unusual these days I'd imagine?

Reviews I've read about the frameset suggest it is as good as it gets so I'm sure the external cabling makes absolutely no difference whatsoever - an observation none the less!
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Isn't internal cable routing for looks only? It certainly adds additional weight and they aren't the only bikes on the tour with external cables - AG2R Focus' are the same.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Dinyull wrote:
    Isn't internal cable routing for looks only? It certainly adds additional weight and they aren't the only bikes on the tour with external cables - AG2R Focus' are the same.

Don't think weight's an issue - aren't team bikes still ballasted to bring them up to minimum weight?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Dinyull wrote:

Don't think weight's an issue - aren't team bikes still ballasted to bring them up to minimum weight?

They weighed a load of pro bikes on GCN (after getting pros to guess the weight first) - most were in the low 7kgs, I don't think most pros are that bothered about having their bikes right on the 6.8kg limit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMsgzD-JFQs