PROFIL.png
THURSDAY
PROFIL.png
FRIDAY
PROFIL.png
SATURDAY
PROFIL.png

I reckon he'll hold it till Friday
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,655
    A lot depends on how Contador is feeling.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Wednesday. Someone will put the pressure on going up that 2nd cat climb.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    Yeah Wednesday. Never mind the profile, they go over 1500m already!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Interesting that Tinkoff have to work for Sagan and the yellow now when they'd rather be taking it easy for when Contador needs them later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    Contador is no longer a GC contender.

Not since Hamilton has a big crasher in week been in the top 5.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Contador is no longer a GC contender.

Not since Hamilton has a big crasher in week been in the top 5.

That's quite a bombastic statement.
  • rick_chasey
    Week one*
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    Interesting that Tinkoff have to work for Sagan and the yellow now when they'd rather be taking it easy for when Contador needs them later.

probably half the reason today was so slow?
  • No_Ta_Doctor

The other half being the incomprehensible lack of riders in the break. It's stage 3 of the Tour de France, the pro-conti teams should have been all over that like a rash.

Bonus points for anyone (Rich95 most likely) that can tell me the last time a solo break formed.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    2008 I think (when it won at least)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

The other half being the incomprehensible lack of riders in the break. It's stage 3 of the Tour de France, the pro-conti teams should have been all over that like a rash.

Bonus points for anyone (Rich95 most likely) that can tell me the last time a solo break formed.
    I remember Luis Mate a few years ago but he sat up after about 40km. The last significant solo break was probably Wiggins back in 2007. (I read that the last successful solo break was Agnolutto in 2000)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Very good article from inrng, last successful solo attack was 16 years ago.

http://inrng.com/2016/07/raiders-of-the-lost-art/
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Contador has never been a GC contender for this. Froome vs Quintana (accidents/injury/illness aside).

No one else even close.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Ok
    Maybe today is a little bit tougher than the simple profile suggests

CmqmCUwWAAAHZw7.jpg:large

Roman Kreuziger ‏@Roman86_K · 1h1 hour ago

It looks like hard final in @LeTour ...Let see how responds the legs after some long stages;)@tinkoff_team

Still fancy Sagan to hold the jersey.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Joelsim wrote:
    Contador has never been a GC contender for this. Froome vs Quintana (accidents/injury/illness aside).

No one else even close.

Froome v Quintana is clearly the main show in town, but Contador is still a GC contender, even if he isn't the favourite. Barring withdrawal/injury, nobody who wins the tour will do so without taking account of him.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    It always seems difficult to have a two rider plan. It's proably good news for BMC that Porte is now potentially out of the picture. Shows that SKY actually did a pretty good job in 2012.
  • RichN95.
    inseine wrote:
    It always seems difficult to have a two rider plan. It's proably good news for BMC that Porte is now potentially out of the picture. Shows that SKY actually did a pretty good job in 2012.
    Although in 2012 Froome lost 1m 30 on stage 2 due to a late puncture just like Porte.
  • inseine
    RichN95 wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Although in 2012 Froome lost 1m 30 on stage 2 due to a late puncture just like Porte.

Exactly. SKY were all behind Wiggins so no one waited for Froome (I don't remember if this is actually what happened!).
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    inseine wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    inseine wrote:

Exactly. SKY were all behind Wiggins so no one waited for Froome (I don't remember if this is actually what happened!).

Having read Froome's book, I can't remember either but I've no doubt that is how he would have seen it (plus it would have been a betrayal of what he was promised).
  • RichN95.
    I think Porte waited for him.

My point was more that Porte's race is far from over and TJVG isn't the favourite like Wiggins was so BMC shouldn't alter their team dynamics much.
  • inseine
    Joelsim wrote:

No one else even close.

Froome v Quintana is clearly the main show in town, but Contador is still a GC contender, even if he isn't the favourite. Barring withdrawal/injury, nobody who wins the tour will do so without taking account of him.

Not looking great for Contador though. Losing time again today.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    went well I thought
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    That was a very smart yellow jersey that Sagan was wearing today, with French flag piping running down the back as well as the rainbow bands. Is the tricolore detail standard or a Sagan special? I've not noticed it before, but probably also not seen the back of the jersey before!
  • inseine
    shazzz wrote:
    That was a very smart yellow jersey that Sagan was wearing today, with French flag piping running down the back as well as the rainbow bands. Is the tricolore detail standard or a Sagan special? I've not noticed it before, but probably also not seen the back of the jersey before!
    Le coq sportif use the tricouleur as a motif on many of their garments
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    inseine wrote:
    shazzz wrote:
    Le coq sportif use the tricouleur as a motif on many of their garments

I've never seen it so prominent on the yellow jersey before - maybe I've not been paying close enough attention! Here it is though - looks good ...

http://boutique.letour.fr/stores/letour ... tif/176864