What happened to Sunday morning?

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,692
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
It's nearly all gone. Lazy start with a bit of tinkering . Off to play toy cricket shortly. It's like cricket but without competence or caring and with booze and booze.

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Went for a walk on the beach, then took the isetta to the monthly classic car meeting, bit hot :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Sunny but chilly start. Went to shops to get a few things, coffee included. Changed tyres on bike # 2 from slicks to knobby and went trail riding this afternoon, in utterly glorious still sunny cool dry weather...

Pondering whether to buy bikes # 8 and 9. Do I need any more projects??? One is a *lovely* vintage titanium crudder frame, other is a fun thing to just hack about on. Hmmmmmmmm.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Where did it all go?!

Pie 'n' mash time soon.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    A nice 120km early morning ride this morning with tired legs....a beer in the fridge with the ingredients of a vegetable risotto calling.

Later is maybe the revenant or Spectre.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    'this morning was spent cycling the scenic route back from the Mrs' house to mine (she has a gig today so i'm flying solo!).

I'm trying to decide if i am going to keep or sell the S-Works Tarmac I have built up, it is far much much more bike than I need and I have fitted it with pretty much full Dura Ace so should fetch quite a bit if i sell it given it has never seen the outdoors! hmmmm.......
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I'm trying to decide if i am going to keep or sell the S-Works Tarmac I have built up, it is far much much more bike than I need and I have fitted it with pretty much full Dura Ace so should fetch quite a bit if i sell it given it has never seen the outdoors! hmmmm.......

:roll: :roll: :roll:
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    I dunno, you boys and your bikes :roll:
    Had the luxury of watching the ITV coverage of the TdF, this time with mussels and fresh bread. Talking of bikes, I really covet those Look 795s being ridden in the peloton. Nice.
    Now for some pink wine. The sun is out and it must be a scorching 20 deg C out there (t47 take note, summer has arrived...)
    Made a load of bubble n' squeak earlier, having that for me tea with some sausages.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone. Love and peace.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Cycled passed a couple of village cricket games today, they have a very soothing effect on me when I see them, that the world isn't so crazy after all. Sofa and a couple of beers tonight, expecting the French stick at least 3 past the fishermen and make Englands failure look even worse. If that's possible.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Pinno wrote:

I may still keep it but i have plenty of other bikes and this one was going to be my fairweather bike and seeing as we get absoultely no fair weather these days don't see the point in keeping it.

might just stick it on ebay for a near silly price and gradually lower it to see if anyone bites. if not i'll keep it.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    ride your s works and enjoy life.

Another 90 miles n the bank today with some cake, bread and jam and a coke at walk mill.

Date is making dinner tonight so I'll prob be hungry later.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Spin on the bike this morning - nice and sunny, happy days.

Boys then had their school fair, which was pretty dull but sometimes you've just gotta do it.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Early start today, had to be in Derby for 5.45 to take part in a ride to Skegness. 96 miles. (minibus back)

I'm feeling a bit tired.

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    Come on CB - ride the thing and love it.
  • pinno
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Early start today, had to be in Derby for 5.45 to take part in a ride to Skegness. 96 miles. (minibus back)

I'm feeling a bit tired.

You HAVE to find some energy for 4 more miles, surely?!
  • team47b
    The sun is out and it must be a scorching 20 deg C out there (t47 take note, summer has arrived...)

Luxury :D
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I may still keep it but i have plenty of other bikes and this one was going to be my fairweather bike and seeing as we get absoultely no fair weather these days don't see the point in keeping it.

might just stick it on ebay for a near silly price and gradually lower it to see if anyone bites. if not i'll keep it.
    Yeah, c'mon CB. What would Peter Sagan do, eh?
    (Lucky bugger, I wish I had a 'spare' bike that good)
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    team47b wrote:
    The sun is out and it must be a scorching 20 deg C out there (t47 take note, summer has arrived...)

Once it's stopped raining, we're promised 23 deg C later this week. Jealous now, eh?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

might just stick it on <a href="http://ebay.co.uk&quot; class="skimwords-link" target="_blank" data-skimwords-id="874161" data-skimlinks-editor="0" data-skimwords-word="ebay" data-group-id="0" data-skim-creative="300001" data-skim-product="874161" title="" occurrence="1" data-skim-node-id="126:mightjuststickitoneb_1">ebay</a><span style="position: absolute;"></span><span style="position: absolute;"></span> for a near silly price and gradually lower it to see if anyone bites. if not i'll keep it.
    Yeah, c'mon CB. What would Peter Sagan do, eh?
    (Lucky bugger, I wish I had a 'spare' bike that good)

..and buy some matching Rapha kit. :wink:
    team47b wrote:

Once it's stopped raining, we're promised 23 deg C later this week. Jealous now, eh?

Lies, damn lies I tell you.
  • team47b
    team47b wrote:

Got up at 4am this morning, it was the coldest part of the day, 27c, I would indeed be a little envious of 23c :D
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Pinno wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

I'm feeling a bit tired.

You HAVE to find some energy for 4 more miles, surely?!

We did consider it, but skeg was very busy and we had to find the rendezvous point, get bikes loaed for return journey by minibus, and find DINNER. DINNER was by this time getting very important to me, Even more important than the 3 miles that I needed to get to the 100 (97 miles because we went wrong in Sleadford).

I've put in a 100 before, 3 miles this time didn't matter so much :D

(DINNER was bacon sarnie and chips, and a lovely cup of tea)

The older I get, the better I was.

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    What is wrong with rapha kit? I would argue about the matching but I really don't do colour coordination. Is he too old for it? Or just banned until we see the elusive sister/
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Back in the subtropical south east after a rather long drive down the A1. Just watching Iceland being beaten by Cheeseland and planning my pedalling days this week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Got up at 4am this morning, it was the coldest part of the day, 27c, I would indeed be a little envious of 23c :D

We're going to invest in a canoe and a tent. Cut some foliage down in your back midden-garden thingy and prepare to be invaded by the Afro-Tartan clan.