Chorus front deraileur

davicio
davicio Posts: 45
edited July 2016 in Workshop
Really odd question, but has anyone got a good picture of a 2016 chorus front deraileur.
It will not position correctly onto my bike because of the flat surface, which directs the deraileur too far at an angle that will mean it not lining up with the chainset.

I have a photo of mine attached, but anyone else out there had trouble fitting?
My last derailuer (photo seen for comparison) had a rounded side which meant positioning was easier.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Comments

• mikenetic
    mikenetic Posts: 486
    It should be fine - is your mech braze on aligned correctly? Hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like it's rotated. Is the tail of the new mech sticking out?
  • davicio
    mikenetic wrote:
    It should be fine - is your mech braze on aligned correctly? Hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like it's rotated. Is the tail of the new mech sticking out?
    I've got a picture with the braze on mount below.
    It's a bit skewiff.
    image_1.jpg
  • davicio
    Just wanted to update this thread.
    It's not compatible.

Well done Colnago (!). Italian bike (alright, Taiwanese for me) that doesn't fit with an Italian groupset. Brilliant.

Also was informed that a C60 had issues with Dura Ace....that seems like madness.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    davicio wrote:
    Also was informed that a C60 had issues with Dura Ace....that seems like madness.

My C60 is fine with DA di2. 8)

Out of interest, what is your frame compatible with then?

PP
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    2016 mechanical (and EPS) Chorus/Record/SR is totally compatible with the C60. Take it to a real mechanic.
  • davicio
    2016 mechanical (and EPS) Chorus/Record/SR is totally compatible with the C60. Take it to a real mechanic.
    Have only had it confirmed by 2 totally different mechanics from different shops.
  • thegreatdivide
    For a start, Europcar tested the pre production version on their C60's before moving onto the full version (while also running EPS on some other bikes). You just need to Google 'Colnago C60 Campagnolo' to see lots of pictures of bikes with the 2016 front mech fitted.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Seems weird it doesn't work... fornt derailleurs are simple creatures
    left the forum March 2023
  • davicio
    For a start, Europcar tested the pre production version on their C60's before moving onto the full version (while also running EPS on some other bikes). You just need to Google 'Colnago C60 Campagnolo' to see lots of pictures of bikes with the 2016 front mech fitted.
    Mechanic has confirmed Campagnolo have also emailed him stating there can be some issues with their 2016 parts and older frames. 2014 parts would have fitted my bike, but 2014 derailleur should not be used with the 2016 groupset.

I think we need to settle this thread with stating it is NOT compatible - yes it's highly unusual.
    If anyone feels 2 mechanics are wrong and campagnolo, please come to North London to assist and I will give you a crisp £50 should what you do work. Thanks.
  • No help with your problem, but I'm currently using 2012 FD and RD with 2016 shifters. Campag say that it won't work, but I've had no problems whatsoever since fitting the shifters 5-600 miles ago.
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • thegreatdivide
    A 2016 front mech installed on a C60

C60.jpg
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Ive built 3 C60s with 2015/16 Chorus front mechs. I dont think the OP is talking about a C60 though.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo