That was the week that was Saturday thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,366
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
Humph weather.

I presume that all the Bracketeers are too hung over for one reason or another to post a Saturday thread.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Beautiful day.

Miscellaneous tasks this morning, minor fettling stuff for bike # 7. Pondering whether to go bling or cheap on the groupset for it.

Tennis this afternoon, more hit and giggle than anything though. Cheeky little shiraz with dinner, surprisingly good for such a cheapie.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Went out for a quick spin at eight this morning, it was cold (relative term) which was a real treat, not cold now though :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    Spent a few hours doing charity stuff this morning collecting for Help For Heroes.

Playing dad later taking the boy and his mates to an indoor trampoline place and then locking myself in the garage with a bottle of wine and a tool box.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Assisted Mrs BBGeek to cut back our tree which was overgrowing into the lane. Had to do it really as the council sent me a nasty letter telling me to. Got some awesome loppers this week. My neighbour already has his eyes on them.
    Can't beat a bit of weekend bush trimming, eh?
    Now having a beer, eating cheese and watching the TdF.
    Later I might be burning the cut tree bits.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Hung over but went for 75 miles in sheep land with the hills and rain. tennis now. Date is suffering so I am amused.

May have a coca cola later rather than a beer. Back out tomorrow for another 80 miles. Legs will cry
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Up early for a long drive to the rainswept wastelands of the North East. About to head out to Tesco for supplies including wine and cider. The 'rents are already asking for fish n chips for dinner so may as well fall into line.

Might watch the axis powers footy game later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Up early for a long drive to the rainswept wastelands of the North East. About to head out to Tesco for supplies including wine and cider. The 'rents are already asking for fish n chips for dinner so may as well fall into line.

It is decent fish and chips up that way
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It is decent fish and chips up that way
    They live in a seaside town so there's no bloody excuse for crap fish n chips! Just down the chippy now wating for them to fry up, while the cider is chilling in the freezer :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    I treated my 21.6 BMI to fish, chips and mushy peas today. Mmmmm :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Today I worked out how to increase my electricity production by *35% without costing a penny...

...I washed my solar panels, lotta dust :D

* checked amps coming into controller, washed panels, checked again, it had gone up by 35%
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Been to a family do in Gloucester, EPO's side of the family. Only a couple of arguments before escaping back to civilisation. Now relaxing with a beer.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    I treated my 21.6 BMI to fish, chips and mushy peas today. Mmmmm :D
    Snap.

You may not be 21.6 any more :)
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Took daughter to dance lesson, roped into doing a dance at the show. Bugger.
  • pinno

Did you wear a Tutu?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

As per posts passim, one has just returned from a 6am start. This is rubbish. No one told me about this. Join the Army they said. Travel the world they said. Sleep in they said. Don't be permanently tired they said.

Liars. All of them, the buggers.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Ciao

As per posts passim, one has just returned from a 6am start. This is rubbish. No one told me about this. Join the Army they said. Travel the world they said. Sleep in they said. Don't be permanently tired they said.

Ciao
    Good to know the taxpayer is getting value for money :D

And you got back just in time to watch Italy get their arses handed to them on a plate :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    A day of jobs was improved by the pub :)
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Pinno wrote:

Did you wear a Tutu?
    The show is on January and the dads dance will be for charity. I believe we will be in drag. I now have six months of training ahead of me, the other dads are 20-30 and I'm 49 so time to mtfu and show them how its done.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Did you wear a Tutu?
    The show is on January and the dads dance will be for charity. I believe we will be in drag. I now have six months of training ahead of me, the other dads are 20-30 and I'm 49 so time to mtfu and show them how its done.

Sounds like fun, good luck. I'm in that age of Dad group. Taking the toots to a fancy dress party tomorrow. I can't relate to the other Dad's that much. Mind you, Dad's tend to be out numbered by women at kids parties :D
    End of ramble.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ciao

Ciao
    Good to know the taxpayer is getting value for money :D

And you got back just in time to watch Italy get their arses handed to them on a plate :wink:

We wiz robbed we were. Cheating Nazi fekkkkkers. Hope they all get crucial element ligament injuries. Every last single one of the buggers,
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.