Small dents on new Giant Defy 1

tokyochris
tokyochris Posts: 3
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
I recently bought a Giant Defy 1 bike just the other night at a Giant store and after arriving home, I noticed some small nicks/dents on the frame.

Is it normal to have such frame imperfections?

Kinda bummed because it's my first entry level road bike and it's not cheap.

A4_A7167.jpg

A4_A7168.jpg

A4_A7169.jpg

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    If you're not happy take it back. I would.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    As above , Take it back
  • I forgot to mention that I did take it back and unfortunately they can't exchange it as they said those markings are normal. They can give me lifetime maintenence however on the bike.
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Nothing to worry about, just some marks on the paint work. I think if you look at any mass produced bike you can fine minor defects.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    I'd have a look at other bikes in the shop - I don't think those kind of marks are normal but hard to judge from the photos - to me it looks like it's had a knock and they've sprayed over it.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • adam0bmx0
    adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
    Slight imperfections in the paint before the clear coat went on. Nothing to worry about.
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Exactly as above its just dirt in the paint and the clearcoat over the top. These are mass produced in and out box it up. If it was hand made with a top quality paint job it would be a lot more a d better finished but u fortunately now to get perfection you seem to have to spend an awful lot these days. After a 1000 miles it will have more marks