Cycling Destinations - Near Beach and amusements

Bozabyka
Bozabyka Posts: 252
Hello,
Can anyone suggest a good place for a holiday.
Kids want amusements and beaches.
The Good Lady plans to spend some time with the kids.
Which leaves me with the opportunity to ride my bike.
Can anyone suggest a good place in the UK to go for a week?
We would like to be self catering and like remote places but also like to eat out in the evenings.

Comments

• surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Bozabyka wrote:
    Hello,
    Can anyone suggest a good place for a holiday.
    Kids want amusements and beaches.
    The Good Lady plans to spend some time with the kids.
    Which leaves me with the opportunity to ride my bike.
    Can anyone suggest a good place in the UK to go for a week?
    We would like to be self catering and like remote places but also like to eat out in the evenings.

The Isle of Wight
  • phippss
    phippss Posts: 96
    Seahouses Northumberland. Small amusements great beaches superb quite cycling area
  • ronnierocket
    ronnierocket Posts: 172
    Have you thought about Aviemore? Not exactly beside the sea but has a great beach at Loch Vorlich. Great place for cycling, loads of good places to eat. There is an amusement arcade at the Hilton Hotel Coylumbridge but the McDonald Hotel complex has a great pool which is open to the public and a cinema and possibly amusements as well.
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    North York Moors would be an option, somewhere like Whitby. Beach and amusements. Also got some nice beaches at Robin Hoods Bay, Sandsend, Runswick Bay. Plus there is some great cycling.
  • Bozabyka
    Bozabyka Posts: 252
    Hi
    Many thanks for your suggestions.
    Ended up staying on the Isle of Wight which was enjoyed by all.
    I didn't do as much cycling as planned.
    Ended up hiring bikes at Yarmouth. The idea was that the kids all over fourteen and the good lady would ride electric bikes with me. A Specialized Allez was there waiting for me. However the hire shop did not like the idea of the electric bikes on The road for some reason. Insurance I guess. So I swapped the road bike for a hybrid and we went off road. We headed off down an old disused railway track then got the the map out and stumbled onto the Tennyson trail. Which is far from what we expected. Over the downs on some great chalk track. Electric bikes spinning on the hills which then had to be pushed. Great food at The Sun inn then returned back over the downs.