The end (of the week) is nigh... It must be F F F Friiiiiiidddaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,018
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
Just brewing some tea then off out on a quick ride before work.

Today's purchases will include some 1/4"drive hex bits and some socks.

Good luck bracketeers!
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    On the train into The Big Smoke and it's chucking down with rain yet again. No big meetings today but plenty to crack on with including more bloody BREXIT reports to read :roll:

Cider and football may figure this evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    Morning all,
    Got soaked on the way in this morning, the phrase "wetter than an otter's pocket" sprang to mind. Cycling gear is now in the boiler room drying. Anniversary today so have to be on best behaviour tonight. Staff barbeque today in the car park so free scoff will be had. This does mean I miss my traditional fryday trip to the cafe though. But free food is not to be sniffed at. Should probably do some work now.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    'ning

been to gym, been rained on, working from home today, need peace and quite to do some fiddly mathematical modelling to sate a vp's lust for distilling the deeply complex into something they can grasp, the result is going to be piffle, but no one will be able to disprove it and i don't really care

friend a bit smashed up, had a scan, probably concussed, major bruising and going to have some scars, currently at the wtf do we do about this point with gf's troubles

time for espresso, toast and a walk i think
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Line manager is back from holiday on Monday so I have a bit of work to do. On the plus side I'm the only one in the office again, and it's sunny for now
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Sunny day, free drinks at the pub later, screw the middle of the day
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Watching the back stabbers at Westminster getting stabbed themselves.

A ride is planned after breakfast which is purely business as I'll be thinking about positioning for a call later.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Built new back wheel for bike # 7. Took motorcycle out for decent ride, first time in about 3 months its been anywhere. Shipped a bunch of camera stuff I'd sold.

Dinner shortly will be a BBQ with salad, + wine, then a walk round the (beach) Esplanade later this evening.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    Almost had a brown trouser moment earlier, MrsHD came into work for a brew and there was an open box of bits from CRC on the side...

Luckily she was distracted for 30 seconds so I managed to hide it.

Oh and I got soaked this morning despite it being sunny on our side of the pennines when I set off.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Today's purchases will include some 1/4"drive hex bits...

Try the bundle packages at Planet X - big big sale on. I got:

1 x Over socks
    1 x Neoprene overshoes
    3 x Cool max socks
    3 x 'Thicky' Merino winter socks.

For £23.95 inc p+p.

If the Hex is for fettling, there are much better options:

Look up 'P' handle hex sets:

$_12.JPG

Me cycling me.

Weather is best not mentioned.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Got those sorts already, these are for a torque wrench.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Need to stock up on beverages on the way home for watching the Wales match - may be the last time in competition for another 58 years, so I intend to make the most of it.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    'Working' from home today - think i'll have a cheeky ride at lunchtime. Waiting in for delivery of a Zipp 808 front for the TT bike I got rather cheap off eBay! Looked ok from the photos but we'll see just why it went so cheap!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Just spent half an hour searching the office for my last nespresso pod only to find I had already put it in the machine while it warmed up.
  • pinno
    mrfpb wrote:
    Need to stock up on beverages on the way home for watching the Wales match - may be the last time in competition for another 58 years, so I intend to make the most of it.

UEFA co-efficient's might make it a lot easier for you to qualify in future.
  • Flâneur
    Just went and got a coffee from town, a new chocolate shop has opened, so i went in, then went to my regular/favourite so I didn't betray the pretty lass (french I think)

back to the job hunt
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Went to get my free lunch earlier, had a beef burger, a couple of sausages and some chicken. Even had a bit of salad. Then went back for more and had a lamb & mint burger, the 3 beef burgers were for colleagues honest. They've just called for anyone that wants more and I can't eat any more. Disappointing.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Went to get my free lunch earlier, had a beef burger, a couple of sausages and some chicken. Even had a bit of salad. Then went back for more and had a lamb & mint burger, the 3 beef burgers were for colleagues honest. They've just called for anyone that wants more and I can't eat any more. Disappointing.
    Are you a man or a mouse? Who knows when you will have free food again. Drink some coke and burp a bit to make room. Now loosen your trousers and get stuck in!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    Veronese68 wrote:

I never thought such a revered member of the brackateers would be a quitter
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    :oops: To be fair when the call went out over the bing bong to say seconds were available I did get name checked for having been out already and having more than anybody else. I certainly pulled my weight, which according to the pallet scales has gone from 83.5kg this morning to 84.5kg now. I did have a can of coke and burp before round 2. I might go and block the khazi in a little while. Plus I'm saving myself for a nice meal tonight.
  • lukesween
    lukesween Posts: 13
    Working from home too with the tennis on in the background. Building furniture tonight ready for a beer 'festival' tomorrow. Out on the bike tomorrow for potentially/hopefully the final time before it goes
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Flâneur wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I never thought such a revered member of the brackateers would be a quitter
    Go and get some anyway. You don't have to eat it now. OK, on Monday morning it will be cold and congealed, but....FREE FOOD!
    Afternoon all. Work done. I am applying for jobs at work and some of my team are leaving, so my department could disappear soon. When I told my boss he went pale for a bit. Luckily he's made of sterner stuff and will be able to sort this out. This all depends on me getting the other job of course.
    Finally stopped raining here, summer has reverted to type: cool, sort of sunny with strong Force 8 southerly winds. Jobs to do this weekend, ho hum.
    Cheerio.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    84.5 kg's!! FFS biscuit king.
  • mrfpb
    I had breakfast, lunch and dinner at a hotel work do last week. All of them were help yourself buffets. Following dinner I ached so much all I could do was lay on the bed staring at the ceiling while the footie played on the telly until my sides stopped aching - which was the next morning.
  • pinno
    Here, let's have a round up of Bracketeer BMI's.

Me: 'Ideal' 22.0, Smart index 32/70.

http://www.smartbmicalculator.com
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Pinno wrote:
    84.5 kg's!! FFS biscuit king.
    A mere slip of a lad.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • mrfpb
    BMI = 27

SMART BMI = 38
    Your Smart Body Mass Index

This calculation is based on the newly developed Smart Body Mass Index (SBMI). Its ideal range is between 30/70 and 40/70
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Pinno wrote:

My BMI=24.5 Smartindex = 35/70

Not bad eh?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    BMI= 23.3 apparently, hopefully will put a few points on that with beer this weekend...
  • pinno
    drlodge wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

My BMI=24.5 Smartindex = 35/70

Not bad eh?

Shyte. I win.

This is maybe premature. V68 is yet to weigh in on the one end of the spectrum and skinny malinky super waif Stevo is on the other end of the spectrum

My money is on Homer's Double's BMI being less than V68 but more than Mr Jacket Potato TLW.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    20.2 Bmi

30/70 smartwossname

It did say that at my age I should take up cycling :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike