Your own story topic (fun-ish?)

AllAboutGuitar
AllAboutGuitar Posts: 47
edited July 2016 in MTB general
See what stories some people have of their ventures.

Have you ever gone out on your bike, maybe just from free will or you were actually doing something but you end up going further than you wanted to or find out your 'hour long bike ride' lasted for the last 3+ hours.

I think you get the idea, hasn't happened to me yet but think it could :D

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Great idea! Once I went out on my bike and came back later than I expected. About three years later than expected. I was cycling down the road and a spaceship flew over me and a tractor beam drew me in to the body of the craft and I was put into the forced breeding section with my pick of tasty alienettes. Lasted three years.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Russell Casse, is that you, did you survive then?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    No, tautologically enough, - I did not survive.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    I recall when I was 16/17, me and a friend headed to glentress to do the black. In January around 4pm.

Idiots I know, it got dark less that 30 mins into the cycle. My mate had no lights, I had a crappy head torch in my bag. The mist descended and then the rain came on.

Thankfully having been to GT a few times we muddled our way back to the car park for 8pm thankful to have made it back.

Needless to say lesson learned, don't head out so late in winter time unless I've got decent lights in the bag!
  • Well I was riding yesterday to find a Kestral nearly taking my skull off.

Incredible and shocking at the same time.
    I also beat my pb time on that 11mile blast on the ss so all's good!
  • Has anyone ever heard off or bought a used bike on finance??

I ask as a friend of mine mentioned that you can get a second hand bike on finance, and I was like WHAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Has anyone ever heard off or bought a used bike on finance??

I ask as a friend of mine mentioned that you can get a second hand bike on finance, and I was like WHAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!

Is that a story?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Well, in fairness, it is as 'fun-ish' as anything else in this thread.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Well, in fairness, it is as 'fun-ish' as anything else in this thread.

Haha, to be honest it didn't really work out the way I thought it would.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Salisbury Plain seems to be the place to ride for seeing women out walking topless miles from anywhere. Three times I've seen this, one wrinkly old horror. One mid 40's but not too ropey and a couple your ladies in their 20's.
    Can't guarantee you'll see them every ride. Definitely not winter or rainy days.
  • Angus Young
    Salisbury Plain seems to be the place to ride for seeing women out walking topless miles from anywhere. Three times I've seen this, one wrinkly old horror. One mid 40's but not too ropey and a couple your ladies in their 20's.
    Can't guarantee you'll see them every ride. Definitely not winter or rainy days.

All I ever see is helicopters!
  • rockmonkeysc

All I ever see is helicopters!

I do see more helicopters than boobs. I prefer the boobs though.
  • Angus Young
    They would have to be some boobs to beat a Chinook landing 100 yards away from me!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    They would have to be some boobs to beat a Chinook landing 100 yards away from me!
    Pervert.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Angus Young
    I try.
  • rockmonkeysc

Not a boob man eh? More in to men in uniforms?