Rapha co-founder insults his customer base in Twitter exchange today - so disappointed!!

stevie.w
stevie.w Posts: 2
edited July 2016 in The cake stop
EU/Brexit Referendum etc is is a topical subject and I understand sensitive for some, however, to say I am disappointed with the attitude is somewhat of an understatement!

Click on the link below for the conversation on Twitter:

http://www.exquistetweets.com/collection/stevewhiite/3406

I maintain that I feel my point was valid and I feel as though I expressed it in the correct way, I just don't think I deserved that kind of response!

Comments

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,316
    Seems like you're picking fights with people who are legitimately upset then whining on here when he didn't back down and grovel for an apology. Go away.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,270
    He's probably looked at the demographics of each side (which way the dentists voted) and decided that he's not insulting that much of his customer base.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Oh well. Never mind.

You may get more sympathy on mailonline.co.uk or by following Nick Griffin.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    oh welcome to the forums, 1 post 1 stir

He wasn't representing Rapha and lets be honest it is a subject where people on either side are upset and pissed off for numerous reasons, maybe his are personal maybe for the business maybe both.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    To be fair - you are exactly what he says.

And your first post is to be outraged....

LOL !
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    I think the last retort was well considered and appropriate.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    Is it just me that's getting a full page of diagonal lines which make my eyes hurt?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    stevie.w wrote:
    EU/Brexit Referendum etc is is a topical subject and I understand sensitive for some, however, to say I am disappointed and shocked with Luke Scheybeler's attitude is somewhat of an understatement!

Click on the link below for the conversation on Twitter:

http://www.exquisitetweets.com/collection/stevewhiite/3407

Luke Scheybeler's Twitter profile: https://twitter.com/LukeScheybeler

I maintain that I feel my point was valid and I feel as though I expressed it in the correct way, I just don't think I deserved that kind of response! (bordering on abuse!)
    Ho hum. Another 'desperate to be offended' internetist. Shocked? Really? Abuse? Is that what counts as abuse now?

Man has view. Other man disagrees, says so volubly. First man cries.
  • pangolin
    The problem is he doesn't just cry, he decides to go 'tell'. Copying in the guy's work on twitter, other bicycle news sites, at least 2 other forums etc. He disagrees with you so you go try to start a mob and get him fired. Depressing that this is seen as the obvious course of action for some.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    You go round poking wasps nests with sticks then you'll occasionally get stung...

I suspect the vast majority of Rapha customers would have voted remain, so I don't suppose he's risking alienating many people apart from you.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Is it just me that's getting a full page of diagonal lines which make my eyes hurt?

oh it was horrible
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Ever get the feeling this joker won't be back? He's probably off whinging on another forum about the nasty people on Bike Radar now.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    I might even buy some Rapha now. One thing that gets my goat is people that only sign up on here to whine and slag off a business.
  • pangolin
    Seems to be deleting it all now :)
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Funnily enough, This thread just reminded me that I have a 20% off voucher from rapha expiring on Tuesday, so I'd better make the most of it. Off to their website I go......
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,593
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I might even buy some Rapha now. One thing that gets my goat is people that only sign up on here to whine and slag off a business.

Haven't read it, but it makes me more likely to buy more of their stuff now.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Pross
    It's like the new Speedking. Expect a thread demanding the moderators DO SOMETHING soon.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    What's this thread about??!

I did stumble on this letter (whilst searching through the links) to Kelvin McKenzie from Alistair Campbell:

CmQhN8YUEAAGVj1.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross
    That can't be from Campbell, I agree with it!
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Pinno wrote:
    What's this thread about??!

I did stumble on this letter (whilst searching through the links) to Kelvin McKenzie from Alistair Campbell:

CmQhN8YUEAAGVj1.jpg

Pot/Kettle communication interface
  • pinno
    Pross wrote:
    That can't be from Campbell, I agree with it!

Scroll half way down the page:

https://twitter.com/LukeScheybeler
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I'm sure there are fora that give a flying fig, but this is not one of them :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    I'm sure there are fora that give a flying fig, but this is not one of them :D

When after 15 years, Britain is on the brink of oblivion, some Churchalien figure is going to rise to power and re-ignite the British appetite for Empire. You sir, will flee your rotten flea pit when you see the Galleons, Battle Ensign's waving on the sirocco on the horizon and on board one of them will be a lone maverick sailor with tin of paint stripper in hand...
  • team47b
    Francis Drake, that well known pirate and trader of west African slaves arrived in Armaçao de Pêra, you know just down the precinct from the children's play ground and was seen off for the brigand he was by a bunch of women ...bring it on I sayeth, we will not be beaten by a 0.568 of a litre of white spirit :D
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    team47b wrote:
    Francis Drake, that well known pirate and trader of west African slaves arrived in Armaçao de Pêra, you know just down the precinct from the children's play ground and was seen off for the brigand he was by a bunch of women ...bring it on I sayeth, we will not be beaten by a 0.568 of a litre of white spirit :D
    You do know that the longest standing treaty between countries is between Portugal and England. So t47s fleet will have a pinna (and possibly a Pinno) in it. If ye nail ye colours to a foreign mast (Scotland) Pinno, ye be a scurvy dog, and t47 may force you to change sides for better terms and conditions. Aargh...
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • team47b
    I don't think you can force Africans to live in Scotland even as free men, they won't be able to withstand the climate or the lack of damp proofing in the flooring :D
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    You do know that the longest standing treaty between countries is between Portugal and England. So t47s fleet will have a pinna (and possibly a Pinno) in it. If ye nail ye colours to a foreign mast (Scotland) Pinno, ye be a scurvy dog, and t47 may force you to change sides for better terms and conditions. Aargh...

Won't take much 'forcing'. I fights were the Dubloons floweth and a few 75cl bottles of Montefiascone (available at Lidl. Albufeira) would suffice.
    If I switch allegiance, does that mean those in the EU (Scotland/Portugal) can slay the stinking, rotten McKenzie-Murdoch-Farage clan along with all their flea infested, syphilis ridden followers and banished them from the land of Bungerland and Taffordshire to the Isle of Man?

I'd rather board a leaky vessel than walk on floating floors mounted on exhausted peat bog laid down by men with strange coloured hair and lacking in teeth of ill repute and dubious origin.