Totally, like, Thursday

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
Where did the day go? Nice start, nippy out there though. Box arrived from CRC at crack of dawn, awesome service. I ordered it on Friday, and didn't pay any special delivery fee either. Excellent. Wheel building can get underway.

Picked up car from service, after handing over the usual suitcase full of cash. Tried starting the motorcycle but needs a battery charge, so that's now plugged in... Did lunch. Had massage (ouch!!), got the usual "WTF have you been doing to get like this??" query. Stocked up wine supply on way home.

Better start looking for a new job to pay for this lifestyle I suppose... :D

sungod wrote:
turned into miserable day

good friend has been hurt crashing car, now gf having massive troubles from council nazis, she's already on verge of cracking due to some family troubles, bugger :(

That does sound awful SG. Hope that all turned out bearable.
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Some days are just sent to test us... Did I say say days? I really meant officious health and safety twonks.

Bits might be done today so I can get fettling.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    strike day today, so off for a tour of the purbecks..
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Online tests and evaluations for me. Results of yesterdays tests from another prospective employer are expected today. Apparently objective measures of achievements only seem to be component now.

At least someone has offered me lunch in the city about a role within their business. No doubt the venue, which is yet to be confirmed will define their perceived value of me. ...

Later is a chain gang and an appointment with the man with the hammer.

@ deity dude, I hope the news improves for you.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    On the roof fitting flashing, although why am I concerned about waterproofing I'm not sure, in the sun that stuff gets really too hot to even touch, luckily I sent Mrs T up on the roof to fit it, well she's lighter and fitter than me :D

She might be fitting the guttering this afternoon too, I can't do it I might spill my beer :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    In sunny Chester today which was handy as I've popped into John Lewis to get the wife a present for our anniversary today

So later is out for dinner
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    uh, maybe your side of Chester
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Soooooooooo tired. Yesterday's working day finished this morning, back there for 6 and have just walked through front door. Being sent away tomorrow so that day will start at 5:45 and go on and on and on and on and on and on.

May make a bath full of coffee and attempt to drown in it.

On a brighter note, bumps into the ex who I split up with a few years ago in a rather prolongd and nasty split. She used to be well glam and a tad of a hottie, turns out that as of latest viewing (today) she's doubled in size and is now a fatty. Oh how I laughed.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    Perhaps you drove her to depression and she turned to food for comfort.

Or perhaps she just likes chips.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon all,
    Rather busy today. Late start after taking the girl into school for 9am, been playing catch up ever since.
    Happy anniversary TLW, mine tomorrow so I need to pop into Kingston and pick up a card. 21 years, good job she's so patient. Not getting her a present, I'll just tell her she wins every day being married to me. Must remember to duck immediately afterwards.
    Where's SG? Hope all is ok.
  • Matthewfalle

I think the latter - it would be flattering to think the former but chips 'n' cheese is probably the answer.

Needless to say, looking like this, she ain't gonna break any hearts. Unless you like fatties, in which case you are welcome to her and any other fatties that may cross your path on their way to the favourite chipperie/pie shop/poor person's supermarket.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480

I think the latter - it would be flattering to think the former but chips 'n' cheese is probably the answer.

Needless to say, looking like this, she ain't gonna break any hearts. Unless you like fatties, in which case you are welcome to her and any other fatties that may cross your path on their way to the favourite chipperie/pie shop/poor person's supermarket.

Near miss there MF, To think you'd put yourself in harms way by standing between a veracious chip eater and a burger van on a Saturday night. :shock:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Matthewfalle
    Many thanks - I think that this is one of the times that fate has actually smiled on me and given me a break from the old routine.

It goes to show though - you could go out with a bird, get all loved up, lose your sanity and intelligence and marry her, ten years down the line you turn around and she's gone from a hotty to a flat shoe wearing fatty.

Now try explaining to your mates/family/colleagues that your fat bird used to be well fit, innit, and that you didn't notice her becoming as bloated as the fat dull warbler Adele.

As they laugh in your face/behind your back because you are a fatty lover you'll soon regret being stuck with Hera Dan her food scoffing ways.......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Some days are just sent to test us... Did I say say days? I really meant officious health and safety twonks.

Just you wait until an army of geeks in white coats and clipboards get to work when the EU regs stop holding them back.

Working on the Forth Bridge today me. Must go meet builder bloke and talk about chemical DPC. Should be fun :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Soooooooooo tired. Yesterday's working day finished this morning, back there for 6 and have just walked through front door. Being sent away tomorrow so that day will start at 5:45 and go on and on and on and on and on and on.

On a brighter note, bumps into the ex who I split up with a few years ago in a rather prolongd and nasty split. She used to be well glam and a tad of a hottie, turns out that as of latest viewing (today) she's doubled in size and is now a fatty. Oh how I laughed.

Ciao
    He he. My first girlfriend at 16 ( who dumped me for an older guy with car) I found out recently is a grandmother of two! She's also a fatty :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Good pedal, bit of stress free football watching and a big plate of food on the way - not too bad and tomorrow's Friday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    Pinno wrote:

Just you wait until an army of geeks in white coats and clipboards get to work when the EU regs stop holding them back.

I'm just hoping my several thousands of pounds spent on CE certification aren't wasted...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    seanoconn wrote:

Ciao
    He he. My first girlfriend at 16 ( who dumped me for an older guy with car) I found out recently is a grandmother of two! She's also a fatty :D

If you are in your sixties then that isn't a remarkable story...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    seanoconn wrote:

Ciao

If you are in your sixties then that isn't a remarkable story...
    Approaching 40 and she was a year younger.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    seanoconn wrote:
    Approaching 40 and she was a year younger.
    You old fart :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]