Newtonmore Scotland - Trails?

Gibbo3771
Gibbo3771 Posts: 145
edited July 2016 in Routes
Hi,

I am about to spend a week in Newtonmore for my honeymoon in 3 weeks time, I am allowed a day or 2 to go out on my bike to do some more gnarly stuff on my own, as she is mostly a trail rider rather than an all in rider.

Is there somewhere that I can get a train to that has a jump area? Nothing crazy, not looking for 30footers or anything but something similar to Glentress skills park where I can take a pack lunch and just hit the jumps all day.

Any ideas? Google is not showing me much.

Comments

• lg18
    lg18 Posts: 92
    Newtonmore is close to the Laggan Wolftrax - excellent red and black runs, and the "blue" bit has nice table tops etc that you can take as fast or slow as you like. Not a skills park as such. You could possibly ride there from Newtonmore if you don't have a car (or beg for a drop off?!)

Also it's Not completely impossible to go to the Nevis Range in a day trip with a car (no train), but a bit of a trek.

Train to Aviemore then cycle to Inshriach forest (and elsewhere) that has some decent home-made trails including some gnarly-ish down hills - might be difficult to find the best bits if you don't know the area - pop into Bothy Bikes in Aviemore to ask the guys there.

Lucy