Charity bike ride from Manchester- Liverpool to Bristol- Advice needed

Jamie Bassett
Jamie Bassett Posts: 9
edited July 2016 in Tour & expedition
Hi All,

Earlier this year, two close friends of mine, Alex and Matt, were struck by a car whilst walking home from an evening out in Bristol after being hit by a driver who was under the influence.

Sadly Alex was killed, and Matt suffered serious head injuries, from which he is now thankfully recovering thanks to the incredible treatment he received in Southmead Hospital in Intensive Care and other units.

I have decided to do this big challenge to raise money for two charities "Brake" and "Southmead Hospital Charity" in memory of Alex, and in thanks for Matt's treatment.

I will be cycling over 250 miles in just 3 days:

•The ride will start at Old Trafford Stadium in Manchester - this is the home of the football team Alex supported.
•I will then be cycling from there on to Anfield in Liverpool - the home of the football team that Matt supports.
•The ride will finish at Ashton Gate stadium in Bristol - the local football team supported by both families.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...u ... Team=false

I thought that making the course of the ride relevant in some way would make it even more special.

However I could really do with some advice on which routes/roads to use on my ride. If anyone has cycled from Liverpool to Bristol or knows which routes are the best to use, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks
Jamie

Comments