Quick Zipp Question

Mr.Mouse
Mr.Mouse Posts: 68
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Just bought a 'slightly used' 2015 Zipp 808 rear Tub, so need to buy something for the front.. thinking i want a 404, don't need the depth on the front ( in fact, don't really 'need' it on the back, but thats a different thing ). so, basically the question is, if i want it to match up with the rear, is there any real difference in 2014/15/16 models, what do i need to look for?

404 front Tub that matches a 2015 808 rear. black decals ( but i think i can work that bit out for myself!)

cheers chaps
J

Comments

• philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    you'll get your answer here

http://www.zipp.com/_media/pdfs/catalog ... atalog.pdf

think the hubs have changed. also firestrike etc, there are more than one flavour of this wheel.
  • Mr.Mouse
    Thank you. I guess i just need to know if i need to specifically look at any production year to make sure they match, both aesthetically and functionally.

has the overall rim design changed in the last 3 years at all?
  • Mr.Mouse
    it was a firecrest
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Not directly if its firecrest, its stayed very similar throughout its product life. The NSW and the Firestrike are slightly different, from what I understand. Both are certainly lighter, and faster.
  • Mr.Mouse
    brill! so any firecrest front ( 404 or over wise ), at least from the last couple of years, including this year, will be a spot match?
    cheers