Let's make Farage really hot under the collar

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,346
edited July 2016 in The cake stop
'Nige' - bless him, has benefited as an MEP. How ironic. Someone can clarify exactly the amount of expenses he has claimed (Rick C?) from the EU. He is anti-EU. He doesn't believe in it. He's probably gloating even though he will probably remain an MEP for the foreseeable and keep claiming expenses/salary etc. Morally wrong. Besides any moral debate, I cannot stand the man*.

All I need is 5 email addresses and I can start a petition:

"Should Nigel Farage refund all the expenses paid to him by the European Union as a Minister for European Parliament?"

If you can word it better, be my guest. In the current climate, I think we could get a few hundred votes.

*No need for fairness and Political correctness - he's hardly PC anyway.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,501
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,541
    I would word it so that 'should' goes after his name therefore making it a statement not a question. I'm in if even for the laugh.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I think it's only right that you use his full name...Nigel No Let Me Finish Farge :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Do you have enough email addresses? I can PM you mine, if required.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Just Google him and expenses, there are more than enough allegations out there. Then grass him up to the EU
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

As Pross said - 'Just for a laugh'.

PM me your email addresses. Can I use yours T47?

@Pross - Re-word it then please.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

PM me your email addresses. Can I use yours T47?

@Pross - Re-word it then please.
    You've got mine...go on then. But given the sort of stick he has probably had in his career I doubt he will give a flying ****
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Could we find a volunteer to grass him up to Yewtree? Not strictly in their remit but they seem to do alright for budgets
  • Pross
    "Nigel Farage should refund all the expenses paid to him by the European Union as a Minister for European Parliament"
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    'Member of', not 'minister for' I would have thought?
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    i thought this was some sort of modern day Guy Fawkes you had in mind for Farage.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Lookyhere wrote:
    i thought this was some sort of modern day Guy Fawkes you had in mind for Farage.

Yeah, when I saw hot under the collar I was expecting him to mean a car tyre soaked in petrol put over his neck like you see in gangster movies. A bloody petition? Where is the drama in that.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    biting the hand that feeds him?

Pretty much the same he has done to his fellow City workers too, made his millions, sod everyone else I guess.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,773
    I vote the we just ignore the cunt.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    pretty sure you have mine so feel free to use
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,692
    florerider wrote:
    biting the hand that feeds him?

Pretty much the same he has done to his fellow City workers too, made his millions, sod everyone else I guess.

I seriously doubt he made millions as an LME broker whilst spending every afternoon getting tanked in the lamb.
  • pinno
    Technical hitches folks:

Background information needs to be filled our, in other words, a brief description to the reasons for the petition. I have started it:

Title: Nigel Farage should refund all the expenses paid to him by the European Union as a Member for European Parliament

Background: Nigel Farage MEP does not support the European Union, he does not endorse the European Union and has claimed £x amount in expenses from the EU over [missing info] years. It is our belief on moral grounds that he should refund all expenses paid to him.

Please edit the above and I need concrete figures and a time period.

Emails noted - thanks.
  • pinno
    I have stevo, Flaneur, Pross, Loon. Need 1 other.

Can't use yours T47 - you live outside the UK. Soz mate.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Pinno wrote:
    Technical hitches folks:

Background information needs to be filled our, in other words, a brief description to the reasons for the petition. I have started it:

Title: Nigel Farage should refund all the expenses paid to him by the European Union as a Member for European Parliament

Background: Nigel Farage MEP does not support the European Union, he does not endorse the European Union and has claimed £x amount in expenses from the EU over [missing info] years. It is our belief on moral grounds that he should refund all expenses paid to him.

Emails noted - thanks.

Why just expenses? Get him to repay his salary as well.
  • pinno
    Imposter wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Technical hitches folks:

Emails noted - thanks.

Why just expenses? Get him to repay his salary as well.

I don't have much of a problem with a sceptical MEP. Some of the expenses he has claimed has been £15k for bodyguards.
    Not sure he needs them when he is in Brussels.
    Now, given the right argument and the reasons, I just might so go ahead; give me a good argument for it.

On the expenses front, I have contacted both relevant bureau's in Brussels and Edinburgh. I was hoping for something with a little more expediency though - impatient b4stard I am.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Do you still need emails? I pm'd you.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Can I use yours T47?.

No, you ain't seen me, right :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
  • Pross
    Signed.
  • pinno
    It will be live as soon as it is approved. However:

We might fall over at point 2 or 8. The rest is okay (I think):

Standards for petitions

We’ll only reject your petition if it’s:

not clear what you're asking for
    about something that the UK Government or Parliament is not responsible for
    about something that’s the responsibility of a devolved body (eg the Scottish Parliament)
    about a purely personal issue
    confidential, libellous, false or defamatory
    contains language that may cause offence, or is provocative or extreme in its views deceptive or misleading
    advertising or spam
    nonsensical, or a joke
    party political
    about honours or appointments – there’s a different way to nominate someone for an honour
    breaks the law or violates intellectual property rights
    covered by a court order, injunction or is about a case that’s active in the UK courts
    potentially confidential, commercially sensitive or might cause someone distress or financial loss
    names people working in public bodies (except for senior management)
    names family members of elected officials or people working in public bodies
    names someone who has been accused of a crime, or contains information that may identify them
    a Freedom of Information (FOI) request – there’s a different way to make an FOI request
    If we reject your petition, we’ll tell you why. If we can, we’ll suggest other ways you could raise your issue.

We publish the text of petitions that we reject, as long as they’re not illegal, offensive or confidential.

If you have any other questions, please get in touch.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I would rather start that kind of "Pay back the money" campaign with Sinn Fein, but use someone else's email address...

I don't have a problem with Farage, he says what many people would like say. Then again, much of what gets said where I live I don't understand as it is all in Polish.
  • Pross
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    I would rather start that kind of "Pay back the money" campaign with Sinn Fein, but use someone else's email address...

I don't have a problem with Farage, he says what many people would like say. Then again, much of what gets said where I live I don't understand as it is all in Polish.

Yep, but he's been taking money from an institution he thinks shouldn't exist and refuses to engage with. It's total hypocrisy, especially when the leave campaign kept going on about unelected bureaucrats with their snouts in the gravy train. At least they are working in some way for their money.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,687
    Point 2 will prob but the blockers on this, unless the Westminster 'elite' are as hacked off with the gurning sleazeball as (most of) the rest of us.

Btw, see this "unelected bureaucracy" catchphrase. When was the last time you voted for a UK Treasury official, or indeed any Civil Service bod? How about your local council Planning Officer? No, me neither.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Pinno wrote:
    Technical hitches folks:

Emails noted - thanks.
    Are we serious? I hope this thread is a joke that's zipped over my head...

Farage should give back all his expenses & salaries as he doesn't support the EU? Only tame lackeys allowed to be in EP now? Seriously?

Unless we suddenly believe that parliaments should consist only of easily controlled subordinates who won't rock the boat I'd say pay those people double who oppose and question the whole shebang. I've no time for Farage and the way he's shafted the country but it's a bit rich expecting him to give back the pay & benefits for doing exactly the job he was elected to do, and for highlighting & opposing its many areas of waste & incompetence.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I told you so :wink: