Canyon endurance 7.0 sl

koontz
koontz Posts: 119
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
I have just put in an order (last night) for a canyon endurance 7.0 sl. I picked the medium size which has a TT of 547, my. Current bike has a TT of 555 and is a little big so thought it would be right. However I am only around 5 foot 8 and a 31i inseam, this points me directly to a small?, So have I picked the wrong size and can I change it to a small before they sort the order, it said it was in stock so I don't think I would be waiting months for it.

Comments

• grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Small sounds right. You've the same measurements as me and the reach on a small Endurace is exactly the same as the reach on my small Defy which does me nicely. Stack makes it a centimeter more upright than mine but 25mm of spacers underneath the stem will allow that to be sorted.

The reach on a medium is only another 5mm so not that different but stack adds another 14mm.

Give them a call. I've heard a lot of people get good sizing advice over the phone.
  • aberdeenal
    aberdeenal Posts: 200
    koontz wrote:
    I have just put in an order (last night) for a canyon endurance 7.0 sl. I picked the medium size which has a TT of 547, my. Current bike has a TT of 555 and is a little big so thought it would be right. However I am only around 5 foot 8 and a 31i inseam, this points me directly to a small?, So have I picked the wrong size and can I change it to a small before they sort the order, it said it was in stock so I don't think I would be waiting months for it.

I'm 5' 9" with same 31" inside leg and my Canyon CF SLX is a medium
  • You could ride a small or a medium

The small may fit the current trend of sloping top tube bikes with quite a bit more seat post exposed.

It may also look like a childs bike.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • koontz
    Looking at the advice sizes it recommends I use a xsmall?. I'm 172cm tall.

Frame size XS

Height (cm) 165-173

Saddle Height (mm) 675-775
    A
    Seat tube length 475
    B
    Top tube length 526
    C
    Head tube length 127
    D
    Head tube angle 70,9°
    E
    Seat tube angle 73,5°
    F
    Chainstay length 415
    G
    Wheel base 979
    H
    Stack 541
    I
    Reach 366
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    My missus has an XS Endurace. It's too small for me and I'm 172cm tall - ends up being very upright position
  • koontz
    GrenW wrote:
    My missus has an XS Endurace. It's too small for me and I'm 172cm tall - ends up being very upright position

Yeah I cancelled the medium and ordered the small, so think that will be the right size. I currently have a medium boardman which has 55.5 TT, and have always felt it was to big even on the hoods. Ive been told to go smaller cus you can always move the seat back, bigger stem but you cant reduce the frame size. And just had a estimated delivery date of 18 july, hoping this is worse case scenario as it said the bike was in stock and 5 to 10 day delivery.