trek emonda s replacement fork

thebadgerboy1982
thebadgerboy1982 Posts: 266
edited October 2016 in Workshop
Hi all,

I'm looking to change out the fork on my trek emonda s. Currently the fork is a tapered 1 1/8 to 1.5 with a 45mm rake. Id like to use an enve fork. i can find a direct replacement in terms of the above values but the trek fork has a race crown moulded into the fork already. i don't think the enve one has.

Is it a case of installing any race crown to the new fork or does it has to be specific for the bearings used. i think the current bearings for the frame are crane creek.

Thanks
Ross

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    ok - I'll ask. What is wrong with the fork you already have? Unless there is actually something wrong with it (in which case, order another from Trek), there will be zero benefit in swapping it.
  • The stock fork is mostly aluminium with carbon legs so it a bit buzzy and heavy.. Also its a lot to do with liking the look of the enve forks.

Any ideas about the crown race?

Thanks
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    No, no idea about the crown race, but I still don't see the point. Lots of road forks have ally steerers and carbon blades, there's nothing unusual about that. If you want to save weight, there are far easier ways of doing it and if you think it is 'buzzy', then swapping the fork is not the answer anyway...
  • sin_26
    sin_26 Posts: 5
    Hi
    Are you willing to sell your emonda forks?
    Pm me please as i have problem with email notifications.

Cheers