saturday, enjoy it while you can

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,528
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off for a ride, many cobwebs to blow away, though the feeling of impending doom will persist i'm sure

this says it all...

?format=jpg&size=x500
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Pity Boris wasn't standing in front of Jo Cox.

The mood of apathy and resignation continues as I'm off to the garden centre with the better half.

Later is getting my kit sorted for tomorrow's ride and cooking for guests this evening.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Chilly, breezy start to the day, but some sunshine about. Improved steadily and ended up a glorious winter day. Went to tennis this arvo, and discovered a forehand last seen in about 2001. Ripped winners from all over the place, some so ridiculous even I just had to laugh. I will of course pay dearly for this tomorrow, with pretty much every joint, ligament and tendon screaming at me.

Will try the wine-as-analgesic theory this evening.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    ...winter...

Who are you kidding?

Post clusterf*ck day blues. The upside is that Toots 2 is picking up.

Later meeting with builder bloke for advise...

Cioa, tchuss, hasta la proxima, tara, a plus tard...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    On the way to Devon for the Dartmoor classic with some pals - going to be a giggle
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    Afternoon Fellow Brexiteers,

Back to normal today with plenty of jobs to do and a bit of footy to watch. Pity it looks like it will tank down again.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    Still can't believe the referendum result....taking my mind off it by First club ride in ages, sunny outward 36 miles, biblical rain , hailstones , thunder , lightning on way home 32 sodden, cold miles. Hot bath followed by half man half settee, catch up with rugby ( England!), footie ( rugby league challenge cup) and the soccer (come on Wales!)

Farrage saying the result was for "decent" people still ringing in my ears. Tw@t. Trump and Borris, dream team.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Afternoon all. Staying at home today due to weather forecast. Nice to see Poland progress in the Euro fitba.
    Biblical rain and hail meant some mopping in the workshop as the waters rose. Had a laugh with my neighbour who was out walking his dog and caught in it. Is this a sign that Brexit was a bad idea? Probably not.
    Now for some wine. Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Went out for 50 miles on account of the forecast.

25 of them worked according to the forecast. The rest were wet and pretty cold.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Went out on bike, back by 10am, to get some work done on the outside of the house before it got too hot, it got to hot, stopped, friend called round with a pack of beers straight from her freezer, so the work done after up a ladder was a little fraught :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike