• surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    That's undemocratic
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    It's definitely very European - i.e. vote again until you get the answer we want. Maybe that's why people voted to leave?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

One thing is for sure - they'll have to debate it in parliament.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Pinno wrote:
    Yup, and that's about it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    Pathetic really. I voted to stay in and I'm annoyed / anxious about the result but it is was it is and we have to move on. Hopefully the politicians have learned not to offer referenda in future as you can't trust the public to use their heads on emotive single issues.
  • scottishgeek
    scottishgeek Posts: 143
    Pinno wrote:

They only have to consider it for debate.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

They only have to consider it for debate.

Unfortunately that true. However:

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=13066431
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    No politician seems to have even hinted at the possibility of a re-vote. There ain't gonna be one. Kinda funny that it is an old one started by an exiter who thought is was going to go against him.

I know its the weekend, but there's been naff all comment on this. Dave put his papers in, Gideon is behind the sofa, Boris is playing Cricket, someone 'clarifies' immigration, Nige and IDS 'clarify' the NHS money and nobody in the remain campaign is protesting. Seeing as the thrust of exit was NHS money and immigration I can see why some who voted out feel conned.

Let's look forward though eh?
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Motogull wrote:
    No politician seems to have even hinted at the possibility of a re-vote. There ain't gonna be one. Kinda funny that it is an old one started by an exiter who thought is was going to go against him.

I know its the weekend, but there's been naff all comment on this. Dave put his papers in, Gideon is behind the sofa, Boris is playing Cricket, someone 'clarifies' immigration, Nige and IDS 'clarify' the NHS money and nobody in the remain campaign is protesting. Seeing as the thrust of exit was NHS money and immigration I can see why some who voted out feel conned.

Let's look forward though eh?

Let's be positive - they may have reneged on the NHS and immigration in world record time but I am sure their promises to get a equally benefial trade deal with the EU and 50 other trade partners will be fine.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Motogull wrote:
    No politician seems to have even hinted at the possibility of a re-vote.
    That's not entirely true, Farage himself hinted before the referendum that if it was 52:48 he would be pushing for another vote - although it's fair to say he was talking about 52 to Remain...

Interesting that he's contradicted that already now the vote has gone his way :)