Wheelset for 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 6 105?

ned_braden
ned_braden Posts: 3
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
Hello! New to the cycling world this year and am considering a wheelset upgrade. Getting tired of swapping my normal & trainer tires multiple times per week as I alternate between time on the trainer downstairs and outside rides.

Also was told that there are plenty of upgrades to my stock Shimano R500 wheels that came with the bike, so I'm thinking a new wheelset could be a good option for me. A bit about me and my riding, not sure if it's all relevant -

Bike: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 6 105
Rider height/weight: 6-4, 183 (193 cm / 83 kg)
Main interest: Triathlon
Normal conditions: Flat, windy

Quite simply, I'm overwhelmed by all the different wheelset options available and am hoping someone could make a recommendation based on my bike and riding conditions. Budget is a large concern. I'm not really willing to pay much more than £350/US$500 and if there's a quality wheelset well below that price point I'd be very happy.

THANKS! :)

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,875
    Greetings,

Obvious candidates for me, would be something like Campag Zondas, or Mavic Ksyrium Elites.
    Handbuilt will also be mentioned I'm sure.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    For Tri use get some Carbonzone/Farsport/Light Cycle/Carbon-carbon etc deep section clinchers direct from China.
  • Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions, you two! Greatly appreciate having a starting point to work with.